All Topics / Opinionated! / This forum dying!

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

The forum seems to be dying a slow, lonely death lately. RE investing is not flavour of the month but the dwindling numbers of posts is really pronounced.

Also the new format, whilst sleek and clean, has lost all life to it. The writing is too small and where the heck has all the colour gone? Those coloured stars next to each persons name was such a status symbol and now if you dont focus in on them it just looks as if everyone has got either 1,2,3 or 4 blue blobs next to their names. Yes the site looks more modern and contemporary but where is the love?

I’m not sure what to suggest but if things keep going like this all we’ll end up with is the regulars and the odd smattering of newbies asking where the +CF deals are located. I don’t want this place to sit around gathering dust until the next boom kicks in. Something must be done!!!

There’s my rant for the night…g7

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

g7, all the love is still here, its just smaller! [inlove]

There is no need for a whole lot of activity, I like fewer higher quality posts.

As for the newbies asking where all the cashflow positive properties are located, I used to be one of them a few years ago. Some of my earlier posts were embarassing.

But although we all start off the same way, 2 things can happen, you either give up or learn and grow!

Don’t get discouraged g, we love your posts, stay on!!!

We buy properties in Adelaide. No Agent Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of The Wild OneThe Wild One
    @the-wild-one

Hello g7,

I don’t beleave the forum is dying, just a little bit sick .
    I’m useing Windows 98 and I think my computer is even older. I’ve been haveing heaps of problems since the forum change. It seams to take much longer for the posts to be displayed and then to go back to the forum index takes forever.
    Because of this I now only veiw posts that are of high value to me, and instead of comeing on line twice a day, I’m finding that once every two or three days is about all I can bear.
    I wonder if there are others that are finding the new forum as slow as I do.[sleepy2]

Thanks….

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

Hi Wild One,

I thought I was the only person in the world still using windows 98! The changeover has had the same effect on me – lots of threads I just can’t bear to wait for. I have found that if I visit the active topics every day that things go a bit quicker than if I leave it too long. More than a week without a visit and the whole site just crashes. I also find I’m making heaps less posts since these changes. I was going to the library for a while but that was pretty time consuming too.

The motivation to upgrade our computer just went up a notch (or 5 or 10).

g7, I think it is cyclical. Interest in the forum seems to wax and wane. I’ve noticed it before and been unable to pick why it happens.

Still enjoy it here though!

Sonja [thumbsupanim]

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

Maybe you need some new glasses ? ***

Amanda
    “It is better to be inconspicuously wealthy, then to be ostentatiously poor…”

Profile photo of aussieinvestoraussieinvestor
    Participant
    @aussieinvestor

It would be interesting to know if the RESULTS forum has much of an impact on the general forum. I know when I click to look at the recent topics many have been blocked.

All the best…aussie

(formerly giraffe…New Year, New Nick, New Opportunities)

“Real Estate – The Foundations of Wealth”

aussieinvestor | Digital Revenue Pty Ltd
    http://appliancewhiz.com
    Email Me

Profile photo of Just LearningJust Learning
    @just-learning

If RE investing isn’t the flavour of the month, then its probably as good a reason as any to get in to it.
    If the “regs”” think this forum is dying then can I add my own 2 cents, as an almost 2 year lurker . I have learn’t so much by following the various posts here.”, and the fact that so many experienced regs give their time for nix speaks volumes for this site.
    What is annoying is people that blow in and ask questions like “hi – how can I get $1m of cash flow positive RE tommorrow – please answer me in the next 30 seconds and no I don’t want to pay you a fee.”
    In my own opinion I have gone beyond posting “””so where do I find all these cash flow +ve deals, handed to me on a plate “”, but haven’t quite reached the stage where I would call myself an expert, qualified to advise other people what they should do. There are probably alot of people on this site in the same situation

regards

Paul

Profile photo of nazzysmithnazzysmith
    @nazzysmith

Perhaps Xmas Holidays is a cause

-Thomas

“More Time To Snowboard”

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

I agree,

I think its the time of year..

For myself I’m planning 2006, Cap Growth is going great guns here at the moment (4.4% last 1/4) and at 10% ($90,500 increase on my portfolio)for the year I’ll nearly hit my 2006 goal..

However, I’m looking at my other goals of leveraging into shares and another IP..

To that note I’m still active on the forums, talking to other Investors and sounding out my strategy..then I’ll probably go a bit quiet as well for a while as I implement it..for now you’re stuck with me

PS- Maybe Steve will have a Property developing book coming out, then the Forum will kick into gear again..I think most people realise the days of ‘easy’ +CF IP’s are gone

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of hanstarhanstar
    @hanstar

Just so you know that there are more of us out there… I agree with Paul. I review the site every day (having no problems BTW), but don’t feel I have anything very valuable to contribute yet as we have just set out on our PI quest.

Hopefully I can add some more value soon.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi all,

For me it is a combination of the time of the year and also the creation of the results forum that has seen traffic drop off here.

It will be back as people get back into their daily grind.[bigeyes]

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958

Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

I am finding it delaying to bring up posts too! But seems to be improving.
    I think its like anything new,we humans dont always like change.It scares us.

I think also though,
    that having the results forum as the first thing that comes up is slowing down the sites traffic as a lot of new computer users can dismiss a “access denied wrong way go back” sign as ” oh I musnt be able to view the forum unless Im a member.”and they leave the sight. I think a note to scroll down would help newbies.

i love the sight and still enjoy it, most days!
    Dematio

We’ve got 70 yrs on planet earth,Lets make the most of every day!

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

Having been away for a while, I also notice that there is a little less of the nonsense around status stars and posts.

That’s gotta be a good thing. It’s not all about the amount of activity on the forum that matters…

Profile photo of RubbachookRubbachook
    @rubbachook

… oh and just to add to the above post, again my impression on re-visiting the forum after some time away is that will certain pages on restricted access and so many sub-forums, the “community” feel is not the same.

I know why the above structure is in place, but when you can’t access certain bits without paying and the barriers to entry are raised, you can’t be surprised when some people just don’t get the same amount of value out of contributing any more.

Profile photo of DinahDinah
    @dinah

I’ve been on the whole Forum for ages and it is still as good tho I have definitely noticed a slow down over this Xmas/NY period.
    There is a ship-load of info to give and gain from the non-restricted forums so I still don’t “get” what the fuss is over.
    I don’t believe there is a “them and us” thing happening.
    Just forge ahead undeterred….
    Cheers
    Dinah
    PS when I say I’ve been on the whole forum for ages, I mean mainly as a viewer and it is only recently I have been posting.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Participant
    @administrator

G’day,

Things generally slow down on the forum during the Xmas / New Year period as regulars go on holidays and/or have family time rather than surfing at work.

I agree that the site is running slower than before, but that is more to do with the platform (asp) which is a larger fix that we’ll tackle in 2006. I’m not sure why the font size remains small for some, but I suggest that if this is the case then you reset your cache (Tools ->Options->Delete Temporary Files) and things should improve.

Points about the community impact of the RESULTS forum being first are taken on board and we’ll see what else can be done on that front. We have a Chat area that will be launched soon and some more functionality coming in the months ahead.

Regards,

– Admin[strum]

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Me personally have lost a little interest or become frustrated as prices are still too high. I dont like the new look. There are less posts to a category so you keep scrolling to find an interesting post.

I suppose I am at the point where I got to do more (buy – but things are still overvalued) than update messages.

I still come often for a look but am not really in the mood to contribute much.

Profile photo of hbhb
    @hb

looks like everyone’s migrated over to somersoft
    same regulars over there
    like the pictures as well

Profile photo of mikeCmikeC
    @mikec

I have been reading thru so much valuable info on the forums since I finished Steves books mid last year. Even if there were NO new posts on any day there is still a vast amount of info here. And right now (3:15 on a Monday) there are 64 others on the forum. Seems healthy to me?

MikeC

Always Ready.

Profile photo of hbhb
    @hb

thats right mike
    64 computers left on overnight, connected ,via adsl, to this page….

will steve and co please turn off their computers…..

and if it isn’t them, would you guys that are up at 3.00am in the morning please contribute ………

some people?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.