All Topics / Help Needed! / springfield lakes

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of showersingershowersinger
    @showersinger

can anyone tell me what they have heard regarding springfield lakes south west brisbane. We were there last week and has fantastic infrastructure underway, but still need a little convincing

DAB

DAB

Profile photo of mjamja
    Participant
    @mja

Hey,

My thoughts are below. I’m currently building next to Springfield Lakes in a suburb called ‘Brookwater’.

Springfield Lakes has been around a little while. It’s by Delfin – the same developers who built Forest Lake out of nothing, then started North Lakes (just north of Brisbane).

The most expensive properties at Springfield Lakes have a view of the lake (about 500-600k). It’s got a smallish shopping center already (10 or so shops, including a cafe, Subway and supermarket), with another larger shopping center (Springfield Lakes Metro?) to be built right next door to the existing shops.

Rumour has it that there are about 50% renters to home owners. The homes are generally pretty good in the area, but the covenants aren’t *that* strict. The blocks usually are less than 700sqm.

The biggest shopping center in Australia will just be around the corner…called Orion. Google it. It’s going to be huge. Stage 1 is going to be open in October 2006 perhaps. The University of Southern Queensland Springfield campus opens in March 2006. A railway line is going in by 2009-2012 timeframe.

So, Springfield Lakes is pretty good; there’s still Springfield and Camira next door to consider, as well as Brookwater and Augustine Heights. Goodna is a tad further away.

Check out some of the display homes at Springfield Lakes and ask the builders there which area they would recommend. :)

— M.

Profile photo of MITMIT
    Participant
    @millionaire-in-training

Hi DAB

Are you considering this as a PPOR or an investment property?

Sue

MIT | Owen Real Estate
    Email Me

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

If you want my honest opinion i would avoid Springfield Lakes like the plague. Forest Lake was another Dalphin development and look at the problems there.

As Mahar Sinithambe the original owner and still the owner of the Orion shopping centre is my next door neighbour i am slightly biased but i have seen the way in which he operates.

Camira & Goodna are really Ipswich and not the most disarable areas to live or invest.

Richard Taylor
    Residential & Commercial Finance Broker
    Ph: 07 3720 1888
    [email protected]

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of mjamja
    Participant
    @mja

Hey Qlds007,

The correct spelling is Maha Sinnathamby. I’ve never met Maha (or know anyone else who has delt with him), so I can’t really comment. He is one of Qld’s richest residents though… $360 odd million dollars of worth.

A quick Google search revealed:

http://www.abc.net.au/queensland/stories/s1283067.htm

I’d be interested in your opinion as to the issues faced with Forest Lake… as far as I know, Delfin have looked after the public areas of the suburb and have recently handed it back over to council, which residents are nervous about (Like the council is going to take care of the public areas as well).

I’d personally wouldn’t buy in Springfield Lakes, considering the number of renters there. But it’s still a nice area to live. :)

Springfield Lakes, Camira, Goodna, Brookwater… they’re all in Ipswich Shire.

Cheers!

— M.

Originally posted by Qlds007:

If you want my honest opinion i would avoid Springfield Lakes like the plague. Forest Lake was another Dalphin development and look at the problems there.

As Mahar Sinithambe the original owner and still the owner of the Orion shopping centre is my next door neighbour i am slightly biased but i have seen the way in which he operates.

Camira & Goodna are really Ipswich and not the most disarable areas to live or invest.

Richard Taylor
    [email protected]

Profile photo of Karl and RitaKarl and Rita
    @karl-and-rita

Hey all,

I live in Ipswich, and yes it has a bad name. But therein lies the profits. I like it when everyone bags out a place. Ipswich is approx 40km SW of Brisbane, on a train line. The notrh bank of the river is being developed, a 4 star hotel is being build in the city, and among other things, Brisbane can really only expand outward towards Ipswich.

All these things going on and people still have a stigmata towards it. It has a long way to come, but it will get there.

I drive past Springfield Lakes and Brookwater everyday for work and it looks to be huge.

Anyway, thats my 2.5 cents.

Regards,

K&R

You can dream, so dream out loud. – Bono (Acrobat)

Profile photo of wbg.redcliffewbg.redcliffe
    @wbg.redcliffe

I have a friend who just rented a house in SL and he said that there were many to choose from. It appears that there is a slight oversupply at present…

By the way this is my first contact with your group and from what i have seen and read so far its a great site…

wbg

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Congratulations Shower Singer this thread has finally gotten me out of my 2 month posting hiatus.

Springfield Lakes pops up every now and again on the forum. Type in Springfield Lakes into the search thinggy and read some of the other posts.

I really believe the hype surrounding the whole thing is really hiding the cracks starting to appear. Get a hold of the local rag each week as the problems for the area seem to be escalating. As I’ve said in other posts you could invest and take some good tax breaks, depreciation etc. but I believe you could do much better with your money.

Redbank Plains up the road has been earmarked for denser housing etc. in the blueprint or whatever it is and could see some good gains in the medium and long terms. It also seems well priced compared with lots of other areas. Just a thought though.

Hope this helps and good luck with your investing…g7

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Mja

Thanks for the correction in my spelling.

Must admit my wife and I were suprised to be invited to his pre Xmas party when he appeared very pleasant and introduced to a few people of note.

Shame he wasnt like that when i was building my own house and he placed a Stop Work Order on the property when the swimming pool exceed the building envelope by 1.5 metres.

Richard Taylor
    [email protected]

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of mjamja
    Participant
    @mja

From realestate.com.au:

There are 41 places to rent at Springfield Lakes right now, ranging from $230pw to $380pw.

And the $380pw is a two storey house.

What’s interesting is that you can easily tell a rental from an owner occupier house. The fittings look ordinary. There’s face brick instead of render on the outside. The tiles in the bathroom only go up 60-90cm high. Oh, and carpet usually is the nastiest, cheapest rugged material…

It’s the small things that count. :)

— M.

Originally posted by wbg.redcliffe:

I have a friend who just rented a house in SL and he said that there were many to choose from. It appears that there is a slight oversupply at present…

By the way this is my first contact with your group and from what i have seen and read so far its a great site…

wbg

Profile photo of wellonthewaywellontheway
    Participant
    @wellontheway

Has anyone visited Springfield/Camira lately? Just wondering how’s the area developing….

I’m currently considering going into this area.

AK

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

hey Qlds007, wot are the probs with Forest lake? I ask cos I have been thinking of purchasing an IP there. I hate these tiny blocks tho. 300 sqms with the house taking up the lot.

I love ipswich and its old world charm. In fact I have 2 IPs there. Streets and streets of original queenslanders. I really hate the new, sterile, boring looking new estates but I know others like the new, clean look and I have to consider my potential renters.

Im sorry I can tell you anything about springfield lakes. I know my kids want to live in springfield despite my telling them it would be highly unlikely that we would purchase a house right next door to the simpsons.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.