All Topics / Help Needed! / spec homes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of showersingershowersinger
    @showersinger

guys, would you buy a spec house for an IP in a new area simply because there are no already established ones current, or should we be looking at proper established properties further afield… the area we feel we need to buy in …best location.. amenitites, growth etc is still very new

DAB

Profile photo of johnno2johnno2
    @johnno2

Hi showersinger
    I have never bought this type of investment always hovells to value add worked for me some say that part of the profit in the next up cycle as gone into the builders pocket however if you feel ok the best time to buy property is yesterday

Profile photo of AuzzieLadAuzzieLad
    Participant
    @auzzielad

Hello guys,

Personally I havent looked at spec homes because generally the infrastructure isnt there, i.e railway stations proximity etc.

However these may come in time, it really depends on your investing goals and current situation etc.

The advantage would be the high depreciation of fixture & fittings etc, but this should not be your whole and soul reason for purchasing.

It could also be peace of mind too purchasing relatively new, i.e chances of hot water system breaking down and other items, would be minimal, bit of hassel free travel.

Hope this has been of a litle assistance.

Ho ho

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Who would you sell to or rent to once completed and how easy would it be?

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.