All Topics / Finance / are insurance companies fair dinkum ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of ttmanttman
    @ttman

In this month’s API, there is a bloke tried to lodge a $1250 claim and got knocked back by the insurance company. FAIR DINKUM !!!
    I am sick & tired of hard working decent people paying thousands of $ in premium year after year, and these insurance companies make every which excuse, have the hot-shot lawyers to insert tricky fine prints in the policy and wriggle out of paying. It is time we ask the ACCC or Fair Trading to show some leadership and fix this problem once and for all. We need to organise all the property investors & homeowners to tell the insurance companies we have enough, we don’t take it anymore.

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

You can probably get insurance to cover just about anything!!

The catch is you have to pay for it.

The one that erks me is the questions about have you made a claim in the last 5 years? ( Well *&@ing probably because we have about 35 policies – )

cheers

Don

D&L Property Projects NZ Ltd
    Sourcing Investments that fit.
    [email protected]
    Email to receive current deals &
    New Zealand Information Sheet
    http://www.nzproperty.org

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

the bold type tells you to read the policy.

sorry, what people sign is cleary detailed in the text – end of story – hey, do you think the insurance companies ‘hot shot lawyers’ would have it any other way?

tell today tonight – they will love it – guarenteed to fill another 30 minutes.

cheers

brahms
    Purveyor of Fine Finances
    aka Mortgage Broker Brisbane

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

We also made a claim on our landlords insurance (CGU) for malicious damage caused by tennants. We paid $5000 to fix various items like kicked in doors, brocken shower screens, roller doors taken off their frames etc.

Because we could not prove that the damage was done all at the same time and occured over a period of 8 years (they had 4 active teenagers), we had to pay a $500 excess for each item claimed!!!!!

It wasnt worth going through with the claim, but the insurence paid a total of $120 for the brocken shower screen.

The main thing to consider is that insurance companies exist to make a profit, not to loose money, they will worm their way out of anything, so the trick is to have the bare minimim of insurence and not expect too much!!!!

We buy properties in Adelaide. No Agent Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.