All Topics / Help Needed! / DIY rental agreement

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of drunkengurudrunkenguru
    @drunkenguru

Hi all,

I was hoping someone here could help me – my previous tenant has left and my soon-to-be tenant is a friend who has agreed to pay the normal rent. However, I’m thinking of not going through the agent as to avoid fees considering I’ve sourced the new tenant myself.

If I want to get a formal rental agreement in place, what’s the best way to do this without going through an agent? Are there any DIY rental agreement kits available? (I’m in Sydney btw) If there are, are these any good?

Feedback appreciated

Thanks

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

You can buy a lease kit from a newsagent for about $7. It has everything you need in it.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of drunkengurudrunkenguru
    @drunkenguru

That’s fantastic – will look this afternoon [biggrin]

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Make sure you follow all the instructions to the letter.
    If you sign up the person on the lease, ensure you issue them a copy of the free booklet from the Dept Fair Trading about tenancy rights. The leases contain a clause which says something like ….”your rights and obligations as a tenant are contained in the booklet given to you by the landlord etc etc.” If you haven’t issued the booklet, it provides an escape route for bad tenants.
    Steep learning curve ahead, proceed carefully.
    good luck
    cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of ZoroZoro
    @zoro

Mate

I think that the fair trading website has actual free legal templates available for doing exactly what you want to do.

Yeah, it works for NSW.

Hope that helps… It’s pretty standard and has been drafted and can be enforced by the fair trading commission.

Cheers
    Ronnie

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

certainly for Qld you can downloand all the relevent forms 4 free – happy days drunkenguru

cheers

brahms
    Purveyor of Fine Finances
    aka Mortgage Broker Brisbane

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.