All Topics / Help Needed! / investing in the US?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Peter T 123Peter T 123
    Participant
    @peter-t-123

hey everyone,
    I have posted this on another forum and would also like to hear from all you!I thought it would be interesting to see why you would not invest in the US market(and by all means why would you invest in the US market? I have been looking into the US and it looks great,(certain areas)but i think it would be interesting to see why some of us would and why some of us would stay away?

peter

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Investing in the USA is a very complex matter you need to review the amount you can borrow in some cases nothing in the best cases around 70% and you will also need to look at how high property taxes are. This will vary from state to state.

Nigel Kibel

http://www.propertyknowhow.com.au

Australian and New Zealand The United States Property Researcher and education
    One Day property investment research workshop The United States. Please register your interest

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of SheylaaSheylaa
    @sheylaa

Hello..I work in the USA for the largest commercial and residential title insurance company and have information on both residential and commercial properties that are available.. The most popular type of investment for overseas investors are called the Tenant in Common or TIC investments :

The key to TIC investments is fractional ownership. A group of investors is organized, or “sponsored,” under a TIC structure and the group is then able to acquire a large commercial property.
    TIC investments are ideal for sophisticated investors tired of personal day-to-day property management, but still attracted to the benefits of real estate ownership. TIC investments share the full tax and wealth preservation benefits of sole-owned real estate, typically offer the same or better cash flow, and eliminate the headaches of day-to-day management. They also provide long-term investment appreciation potential.
    TIC investors are directly on title to the property and are allowed to sell their interests to other TIC investors and to buyers outside of their TIC agreement. TIC agreements include other aspects of the IRS guidelines and allow all participants to benefit from a structured operational agreement.

Each co-owner has the same rights as an individual owner.
    Fee-simple deed at closing
    Title insurance coverage
    Pro-rata share of all net monthly income, tax benefits, and appreciation.
    Deferred capital gains taxes
    Investments can be made to fit exact dollar amount exchange requirements.
    Third-party property and asset management with reporting responsibilities to each co-owner, but without day-to-day hassles.
    TIC participants typically receive monthly distribution checks and a full property operating statement each year, net to their fractional interest.
    TIC ownership makes it economically feasible to acquire an ownership interest in multiple properties and decrease risk through diversification.

These properties are all Class A proerties like large retail centers and are 90% leased and above and are owned and bought by fortune 500 US real estate trusts and realty companies so are not fly by nights . They are insured and protected and have high yields and liquidty.

If you are interested in more info..you can contact me at [email protected] or USA 512 426-8852

Sheyla Aslan-Commercial Real Estate
    [email protected]
    512 426-8852

Profile photo of ttmanttman
    @ttman

I have been looking into investing in the U.S. property market but decide not to go ahead with it ( I already booked the airfare to the U.S. !!). Foremost is I just can’t see myself put up with sitting in an economy seat for the 20+ hour journey, then as mentioned the complications of investing half the world away and the fact that the net income may be much less than what appears on the paper.

Profile photo of amerc79amerc79
    Participant
    @amerc79

February 2005 issue of the Australian Property Investor magazine had an interesting article of a couple who had managed to crack into the US market and at the time own 8 properties in Niagara Falls, Buffalo and Lancaster. They have properties they purchased in 2004 for $30,000 US that return $9000 in annual rental returns. A good read if your interested.

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Hi Guys,

I won’t post the links here but in the interest of fairness I can provide links to the county clerks offices in some us regions. They can tell you what the person or llc who is selling you a property brought it for a few weeks before.

Just edited myself (for the best i think)

Cheers

D&L Property Projects NZ Ltd
    Sourcing Investments that fit.
    [email protected]
    Email to receive current deals &
    New Zealand Information Sheet
    http://www.nzproperty.org

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of casscocassco
    Participant
    @cassco

Hi Peter I have a friend who buys properties in the states and just sourced 23 properties that are being settled in febuary.Also she is trying to get vendor finance which you put down say 20% and pay the vendor on their terms.These properites are roughly 50k Australian with great positive cashflow and tenants and management all in place.I also know another guy who buys all around the states and has properties all the time.If you would like more info and to see the current properties that I have or anyone else interested send me your email adress to [email protected] and I can email you photos of currecnt properties with all their details.My name is Chris and I can also talk to you over the phone and possibly meet as I am in Melbourne.So just send your details and we can take it from there.bye.

Profile photo of Peter T 123Peter T 123
    Participant
    @peter-t-123

hey,
    thanks for the replys, my above post may not have been very clear and im sorry about that but what i was trying to achieve is to see what difference of opinions everyone had on why as an investor you are staying away from the US market? or why you believe its a great place to invest?

thanks
    peter

Profile photo of casscocassco
    Participant
    @cassco

It all depends where you invest in the U.S I think it is a great place to invest becuase Just recently A guy I know who sources property and I still have the details but unfortunatly sold the property at $50k Aud bring in 43% rent return.Now where can you get that kind of positive cash flow.I must say that was the highest I have seen and the property went fast but usual 24% rental returns on properties $50k Aud is what you can expect in Western New York..That aint netting ofcousre.Like anywhere you take out mangement,rates,water which still leaves exellent cash flow. 90% people rent.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.