All Topics / Forum Frolic / It’s true RE agents admit to low standards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of GrregGrreg
    @grreg

Not sure if this is the correct spot to post this, but I couldn’t help sharing that even the President of the real Estate Institute of Victoria thinks real estate agents aren’t very bright…

I wonder if he read the last sentence before he hit send?!![laughing][laughing]

Enjoy,
    Greg

“To all REIV Members

For your information, attached is a plan of action, endorsed by Members’ Council on Tuesday 6 December 2005, in relation to the review announced by the Estate Agents Council to relax the present requirements on lawyers, accountants and other suitably qualified professionals to obtain an estate agent’s licence and to increase competition in the real estate industry.

In addition to the REIV’s internal resources, we have engaged the services of Dr Jerome Fahrer, a leading expert in regulation and competition policy, to assist us with our submission. We have also engaged a well-known political lobbyist and an external public relations firm to assist us in aspects of the media campaign.

The REIV is extremely concerned that the review is being conducted at this particular time of year and without any preliminary consultation with the Institute as to the rationale behind the review, the subject of which raises a number of fundamental questions. For example, what evidence does the Government have that the real estate industry requires more competition and how will the conflict of interest issues that arise be addressed?

There are also numerous other issues which clearly have not been thought through by the Government, otherwise we would not be having this totally unnecessary review.

In addition to advising you of our course of action, I want to personally assure you that the Institute will oppose this review in the strongest possible way and use whatever resources we have to ensure this continuing bureaucratic meddling into the real estate industry comes to an end.

I would also appeal to you to support us on this issue by using your influence and network to spread the message that the industry will not accept any further deregulation and diminution of the already low entry standards to the industry.

Regards

Enzo Raimondo
    Chief Executive Officer”

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Hehehe, funny how your post is followed for an advert for ‘Buyer Beware’!

Cheers
    C@34

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to always try something one more time.
    – Thomas Edison

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.