All Topics / General Property / PM who covers Melbourne.

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of mgrmgr
    @mgr

Would anyone have any info on PM’s that cover Melbourne and the outer suburds, i am having trouble finding one that covers 10km North of the CBD and then West to Point Cook.
    I found one that covered Melbourne but not the 2 areas i need i was refered on to another who covered the Point Cook area but not the area to the North of the CBD.
    Does anyone have any pointers or ideas of good firms that cover this area i was told it was that Point Cook was 22km outside the CBD is this considered a long distance in Melbourne and will i struggle to find a PM that covers the West and North.
    Thanks for any help.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Why don’t you talk to Michael Yardney on this forum. They have a Melbourne PM service and I hear it is very good. I am sure that, if he doesn’t cover your area, he will be able to suggest someone.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of mgrmgr
    @mgr

Hi thanks i did speak to his wife and they don’t cover the areas i needed they did pass on a name for Point Cook but then that firm did not cover the area 10Km North of the CBD.
    If possible i would like to keep all the properties with one firm i did not think there would be a problem as its all classed as Melbourne, but it seems it may be harder than i thought.

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

Thanks for thinking of us.

Metropole Property Mangement http://www.rentingmelbourne.com.au does cover a large part of Melbourne.

Pam tries really hard to ensure her team provides first class service and so has had to put some limits on the area that they cover. They still look after properties in most south east suburbs and inner northern and inner western.

Sorry she couldn’t help. I’m glad she gave you a name you can trsut at Point Cook.

The only company I know that would cover both regions is the newly formed RUN http://www.run.com.au but I wouldn’t recommend them as yet.

They bought a number of rent rolls and are trying to cover all of Melbpurne from a central office but I am hearing lots of complaints about impersonal (call centre) service.

You may just have to find 2 PM’s rather than one, even though I agree with your concept of trying to find one that helps.

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 10,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.propertyupdate.com.au

Profile photo of mgrmgr
    @mgr

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the help Pam and yourself have provided it looks like i may have to get 2 separate agents. This gives me a couple of questions i find myself asking which people with more experiance of Melbourne maybe able to help with:
    At the moment i have only purchased in Point Cook and Tarneit south west Melbourne which you kindly passed on recomendations for. The property in North Melbourne is not signed for yet we are just near the end of talks getting ready to sign with a developer.
    For our first steps into Melbourne are we spreading ourselfs to far with 3 devolopments either under construction or just getting ready to start construction in Point Cook and then buying 3 ready to go property in North Melbourne.
    Do other investors think with just starting in Melbourne we are better of just concentrating on the Point Cook property with one recomended PM than jumping into 6 property that looks like we would need multiple PM’s.
    Thanks for all your help and advice.

MGR.

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Hi MGR,

I work as a consultant to developers, through my town planning practice and have seen a lot come and go. The reality of the development industry is that, if you don’t know what you are doing there is a very real chance that you will lose money. I would therefore strongly recommend that, for your first couple of projects at least, you stick to one at a time.

The developing game can be very rewarding, so good luck. You seem to off to a bit of a flying start.

Regards
    Alistair Perry

Profile photo of mgrmgr
    @mgr

Thanks Alistair,
    I think you maybe right i am comited now to the 3 developments in Point Cook which is a learning curve in it’s self with builders who complain about working when the temp is16deg saying it’s to cold then complaining last week 2 days where to hot. I think not finding a PM that can cover both areas maybe a sign that 3 developments is enough before buying a further 3 that would have to be run by a seperate PM. It just seemed so easy to buy all 6 propeties when they all fall under Melbourne you dont think that a good PM would not cover all of Melbourne, but as Michael said to provide the best service you concentrate on certain areas which is a good point when you consider the services and reputation’s of the larger firms that cover all Melbourne.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.