All Topics / Help Needed! / Buying First House BEGINNER

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of AnGeLcAkEAnGeLcAkE
    Participant
    @angelcake

We are going to put an offer on a house in the Gold Coast and although I’ve read the contract there are a few things I’m unsure of. Any advice would be appreciated.

1. Gold Coast have a quite a few flood prone areas. Am I able to add a clause making the contract conditional on a flood report (as well as pest&building)?

2. The standard contract protects the seller under clause 7.4(1)(c) seller will be capable of completing this contract (unless seller dies or becomes mentally incapable after the contract date)… there seems to be no such clause for the buyer. Can I add a similar clause in and would you?

3.I’m also not sure how to go about insuring the seller pays there rate/water assessments up to the date settlement?

Lots of comments would be helpful and the name of a good inspector in my area. Thanks

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by AnGeLcAkE:

1. Gold Coast have a quite a few flood prone areas. Am I able to add a clause making the contract conditional on a flood report (as well as pest&building)?

Yes

2. The standard contract protects the seller under clause 7.4(1)(c) seller will be capable of completing this contract (unless seller dies or becomes mentally incapable after the contract date)… there seems to be no such clause for the buyer. Can I add a similar clause in and would you?

You are entitled to insert as many clauses as you like.

Certainly the ones mentioned are ‘reasonable’ and should not give the vendor any undue concern – unless of course they have something to hide.

3.I’m also not sure how to go about insuring the seller pays there rate/water assessments up to the date settlement?

Your solicitor should ensure any outstanding rates due are fully paid as part of their searching process. If rates have been paid for any period post settlement you will be required to pay your share based on periods of ownership to the vendor – your solicitor does this at time of settlement too.

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958

Profile photo of AnGeLcAkEAnGeLcAkE
    Participant
    @angelcake

No nothing to hide. Thank you very much for answering my questions derek. I was losing hope that someone would answer. Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.