Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Profile photo of Cabo WaboCabo Wabo
    Participant
    @cabo-wabo

Steve,
    I think its great that u’ve updated the forum. Things can’t stay the same all the time. Upwards and onwards as they say. Forum looks tighter and more slick, and i realy like the new logo… very nice.

I’d have to agree on some points though. Text is too small (i’ve had to put my glasses on to use it – never done that before), smiley box could be bigger, and viewing panel wider.

Other than that, nice job.

Cabo Wabo

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Steve,

I agree, too, with Paul and Sonja – I can’t detect what’s read and what’s unread.

But in thinking about font size (too small) I suddenly realised that I’m not using 10cms of width on my monitor. Is there a way for me to set the forum to display 1280 x 768 (or whatever are the correct numbers?) I don’t see this, and, if I could, it would probably solve the “small font” issue for me.

The new forum seems to have a brighter look to it – I like that.

Thanks for your work anyway – changes can become challenges, but we’re equal to ’em all, aren’t we

Benny

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Steve,

This bit is not working for me –

In regards to the RESULTS folder… you now have the option of collapsing that forum so that you don’t need to see any of the posts that are in it

I click on it, and it laughs at me [blush2]

Benny

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Hi Steve,

In regards to the RESULTS folder… you now have the option of collapsing that forum so that you don’t need to see any of the posts that are in it.

this seems to only work when I am NOT LOGGED-IN! I saw it at first and thought “You beauty!” but that was only before I logged on. Sorry. Does it have anything to do with the:

We do not have the functionality to only show it if you are a RESULTS member.

?

Now that I’m getting used to the new lay-out, the differences don’t seem so bad.

Cheers
    C@34

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to always try something one more time.
    – Thomas Edison

Profile photo of maximusmaximus
    @maximus

Don’t know if it’s the new site or my computer but since the new format, quite often, when I click to open a thread, a message comes up “Internet Explorer cannot open the site bla bla bla”, and asks you to click on the OK button. When this is done, you are redirected back to “This page caanot be opened etc. So I click on the back button and usually this brings me back to the page I was after in the first place.

What the???

Finding it frustrating.

As I mentioned, it may be something on my side, but it never happened previously, and I have not done anything to my PC in the meantime.

Any suggestions??

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

There are changes afoot as we go through and make upgrades.

Hopefully you have noticed the font size increase, and also less clutter in the RH menu.

Further improvements are happening behind the scenes and I hope to have things completely ironed out soon.

As for speed issues, if I can make a recommendation… If you use Internet Explorer then you may find your speed increased if you clear your cache.

You do this by:

Step One: Select the ‘Tools’ menu from the menu bar.

Step Two: Select ‘Internet Options’ from the drop down box.

Step Three: Select ‘Delete Files’ from the ‘Temporary Internet Files’ section (middle of the window).

Step Four: Click ‘OK’

This erases all the temporary files such as cookies, and it may make your computer run faster – especially on this site given the recent change over.

Stay tuned for more updates as major changes are made.

Thanks for your continued support and keep the feedback coming please.

Bye!

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of AuzzieLadAuzzieLad
    Participant
    @auzzielad

Hello Steve,

when I logged on the other day thought I put >> .au or forgot to put in :)

I actually like it, very user friendly, modern.

Maybe for people like me you could add spell checker for the late night postings :)

Will the new layout give us all higher access :):):) could be an early x-mas present.

On that note good work on the new layout & a ‘big merry x-mas & safe new year too all .’

Mark

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi steve
    not sure why but the new format
    a. is slow
    b. can’t read as easy.
    But c. the window has cut down to two line.
    I have done every thing to check and it gives me two lines.

here to help
    If you want to get involved in some of the projects I’m involved in email to [email protected]

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

yes I get sore eyes just looking at this bright new format. it has some nice new functionality and the font is great but the advertising in the middle of the posts is driving me insane. I would think this sort of advertising is either going to work once or it isn’t i.e. if you have been posting here for 3 years I don’t think an ad in the middle of a post will inspire you to rush out and book a seminar.

http://www.megapropertygroup.com

INVESTMENT SALES * RENTAL SOLUTIONS * STRATA MANAGEMENT

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi steve
    the system need modifying couple of things.
    1. The message box changes size in reply for different sections( which has me at a loss as it should be a standard format)
    2. the colour is wrong even with glasses it doesn’t work for me.
    3. the auto reply to a post isn’t helpful either

here to help
    If you want to get involved in some of the projects I’m involved in email to [email protected]

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

GREAT IMPROVEMENT to the font etc…

(unless of course the Christmas cheer has improved my eyesight – he he – highly unlikely.)

cheers

brahms
    Purveyor of Fine Finances
    aka Mortgage Broker Brisbane

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.