All Topics / Value Adding / Subdividing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of roberts_croberts_c
    @roberts_c

Guys,
    I’m thinking about buying an older house in a Perth suburb on a 820sqm block – doing a reno on the haouse subdividing the block and selling both to build up some capital. Can anyone advise an estimate of costs involved in subdividing/

cheers…..Craig

Profile photo of Jen1Jen1
    @jen1

Hi Craig,

I have not done a subdivide yet, but have looked into it in my area (NSW).
    You need to contact a planner at your local council and speak with them. Each local council has their own charges for subdividing. You also need to check the minimum land sizes and the minimum distances from boundaries, min private spaces etc with them too. This info should also be located in the councils policy on residential housing (might be available on their website). This will ensure you can fit your plan on the subdivided block. Don’t forget to include extra costs such as water/waste connections and surveyor costs. In my area I calculated around 15K for a straight subdivision but check with your friendly council planner!

Cheers,
    Jenny

Profile photo of roberts_croberts_c
    @roberts_c

Thanks Jenny,
    I’ve received some council info but it’s also very reinsuring to here from some one elses experiences and investigations.
    Regards

Craig

Profile photo of MITMIT
    Participant
    @millionaire-in-training

Hi Craig

I saw somewhere else on one of the Forums that you need to factor around $10-15k for sub-dividing. From what i understand that doesn’t include, water sewerage and the like.
    Have a look through the posts on this topic. I think I saw it here

Regards
    Sue

MIT | Owen Real Estate
    Email Me

Profile photo of nazzysmithnazzysmith
    @nazzysmith

Also keep in mind that this strategy could take 12 to 18 months to mature.

-Thomas

“More Time To Snowboard”

Profile photo of krskrs
    @krs

Hi Craig,

In Perth subdividing costs are around 15-20K usually (this also normally includes the purchase of required fencing). In Perth watch out for public open space policies that normally lie buried deep in some councils planning policies. If you don’t account for it, it can increase your costs significantly and is proportional to the amount of land that you are subdividing. Only some councils have the policy. Good Luck!

Cheers
    Kel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.