All Topics / Finance / Finace for First Home Southport 5-7% deposit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of donchristiedonchristie
    @donchristie

Hello Guys,
    We are looking for a few finance options for my first purchase / PPOR in Southport, QLD (Gold Coast).

We are eligible for my FHOG

WE live currently internationally working as a chef in Luxury Resort. But have been offered a position back on the coast.

My salary will be 70,000 PA Gross.Contracted, but on 3 months probation.

We are Australian citizens.

I am 26 and she is 27.

I earn $4688 per month Gross here in Thailand. I have pay slips, work Permits & employment contract etc.

My Girlfriend long term partner 5 years, is living here not working due to visa and permit restrictions.

She was a senior supervisor on the gold coast in a resort. She was earning about $600 per week gross back 12 months ago. Will do similar work when we get back home.

We both have very stable employment backgrounds in the hotel and resort industry.

We have $15,000+ in cash and $3,000 in Shares (IAG).
    I am looking at a purchase price in the early 200,000’s.

Firstly can we do something in the 5-10% ball park with our current situation. With us back in Australia.

What options are open to us in terms of loans.
    we just need a loan to pay off. Phone banking would be nice and a low rate is always good.

So there you go Finace Gurus,
    Lets have it
    Don Christie

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Hi

I think you will have a difficult time finding finance intially as you will be on probation, and then on a contract in a new job.

Have you considered buying in Thailand? You can probably get finance there if working in the country.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Parramatta
    [email protected]
    Just send me a blank email, with “subscribe” in subject line.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of donchristiedonchristie
    @donchristie

Hello
    We have thought about buying here but a few problems are present.
    1. Cannot buy LEGALLY a property unless you have a 51% shareholder to go in with if only for a signature.
    2. Yes i work here and have seen way to many dodgy deals etc done in the Hotel and Resort Business, let alone the real estate side of life.
    3. We would need a place to live in QLD apon comin ghome and feel renting defects the purpose.
    4. Bank loans are not too commin for the Farangs (expats) here, although this is getting better.
    5. I saw the affects of this land with floods, droughts and Tsunamis in one year to know the construction methods are not similar to european countries.

Yes there are some great deals, but it seems you never really own anything, but all you money is tied up.
    I will leave the property over here to the guys who come to escape reality in their own world, come an meet a bar girl, fall in love, buy a house with their sweetheart and then they fly home to get another visa, come back to find the house has been sold and she is long gone!
    Happy times,

This has happened aand will continue to happen time and time again.
    Chef Don
    http://www.santiburi.com

Profile photo of pfsfinancepfsfinance
    @pfsfinance

With you being on a probation period of 3 months yo would have to wait for the 3 months to finish. The main problem that you will have is with the Mortgage Insurers with their strict policies. You can normally get around not being with the same employer for less than 12 months if the new position is in the same industry and you can show stable employment history in the past.

Finance Industry for over 20 years

0424 600 249

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.