All Topics / General Property / PM is best friends husband…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

I have had a IP vacant (cleaning up after last tenant)and PM suggested that I get screen doors and front/back keyed to only having a couple of keys (as needed 4 keys as it was).

I also asked him to organise an electrician to put in the IXL that I had bought 12 months ago that was still in the box(tenant was a tradie but didn’t get around to installing it – was going to pay him to do it).

New tenant found [biggrin]and I asked agent if all work had been carried out and how much did it cost, he said he was a bit surprised as it cost $849 (I thought at max $200)for the locksmith!

He said he questioned the cost for the locksmith who said he was there for 3 hours re keying and putting in new barrels when the tenant complained that his child got stuck in the bedroom and the tenant asked locksmith to check the door which he did and then replace the door handle…None of this discussed with me. Locksmith then checked all window and door locks (which I did not authorise!).

Electrician charged me $550 (remembering I supplied the IXL)and he fixed a light connection.

This agent I have had since 2002 (friends husband which makes matters worse) he tells me that at least house is safe and besides it can all be depreciated, also the rent has increased $20 per week. I told him I was more upset that no maintenance issues were discussed and I wasn’t consulted re $’s to repair.

He’s got all huffy stating that he was only looking after my interests as he know’s my current situation at home.

Final straw…After laying down the law stating I was v p***ed off and to never spend anymore than $200 without my permission (I am sure this is written up on lease anyway). I am paying 11% incl GST for PM to manage property and have now 3 properties for him to manage and I would like a discount as other agencies offer discount for 3 or more.

He went away (so he said) and spoke to the partners and they agreed to a commission of 8.8% inc GST and this would take place in Sep 2006!!![comp] I emailed him to say that I have been a client since 2002 and would like to start this arrangement to lower comm in the new year and to get back to me when he speaks to partners. Still have not heard from him, give him to Mon and then I will make my decision.

Yes I know another lesson learnt, not to mix business with pleasure.

Jenny1

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Well that surprised the hell out of me !!! Living in Canberra and all…

I was expecting to read something about being pals with Janette Howard !!! [lmao] [lmao]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.