All Topics / Help Needed! / Stuck in a rut!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of amerc79amerc79
    Participant
    @amerc79

Hi Guys & Gals,

I am new to property and have been doing some pretty lengthy research on the above subject over the last 3 – 6 months and am stuck in a small rut at the moment.

I have some equity available from my owner occupied and some cash in the bank that my wife would like to see spent on some home renovations, but I am keen to get into property investment.

However, everytime I do the maths on the properties there is no positive cashflow. I am looking at areas were there is some positive cahsflow but it never seems to work. The expenses far outway the estimated return.

Can you guys give me any advice on how to get started and what I might be doing wrong.

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Hi Amerc79,

If you are keen on positive cashflow you will find it difficult to purchase off the shelf unless you look at commercial properties. If you are willing to do soomething a little creative such as vendor finance, development etc you can make positive cashflow.

Regards
    Alistair

Profile photo of amerc79amerc79
    Participant
    @amerc79

Hi APerry,

Commercial properties require a funds due to the high LVR, but development sounds like something that may be an option, but personally I am not a fan of vendor finance.

I have found ones that are quite close to be positive and have actually found others that have already been purchased and are under contract. I am very willing to get started, but might be a bit apprehensive in making a decision in regards to investment.

At the moment I have the funds in an investment that provides 20% return on my funds and will be coming into a bit extra which will give me about a 20% deposit on $100,000. I have found good properties.

I just cant seem to catch a trick and get my nose in the door. I do my due dilligence, but it is too late as everyone else knows were these properties are.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.