All Topics / Overseas Deals / Tennants behaving badly help please !!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of KristineKristine
    @kristine

Hi I have a property in Invercargill i have just recieved $250 worth of bills due to one of the tennants getting reported by police for wilfull damage to my property the agent says i should claim this on my insurance is this what others do???shouldnt he be accontable for his actions???what is the usual thing to do in this situation??? the agent has not mentioned any thing about kicking this guy out i would feel better if this violent man was not living in my property what should i do please help !!!!

i had to replace glass and repair front door $250 worth of damage

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling
    I had to replace glass and repair front door $250 worth of damage

Are you absolutely 100% positive about this ??

If so…why are you subjecting yourself to situations like this ??

If not…why did you do it ??

Profile photo of KristineKristine
    @kristine

no i wasnt sure about this i jumped the gun
    oooops i stuffed up
    all i received from agent was paper work from police with tennants name on it and willfull damage and the bills
    i read into it all wrong i rang the agent the next day and found out that someone had try to break into the place so then i rang my insurance company and found out that my excess is $300 BUGGER…but i am now paying a extra $34 a year and i am now covered for broken glass with no excess for the broken glass….maybe a lesson for other people investing to check their insurance policys
    i am still a little annoyed with the agent they should have rang me and told what had happened
    what happens with other people that have been in this situation??? any one know of a good property manager in Invercargill???
    or do you think i am being a little harsh??

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia
    any one know of a good property manager in Invercargill???

I have been asking this question for a long time? who are you using?

I have tried several.

We buy properties in Adelaide. No Agent Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

The lastes news from some of the agencies is that they are simply dropping the problem properties and landlords. Just not worth their while.

They are also refusing quite a few application for management. The cost benefit is just not there. Managers are spending all their time on the 10% of trash properties on the role while the dilligent landlords miss out.

Fair enough too.I go through these properties all week long as people try to sell them.

Not doubt people will buy them after sticking the “potential rent” in investment detective or a spreadsheet.

That’s their choice but you can’t expect property managers to turn a bad investment around with a close to zero budget.

Bad news if you have bought badly. Good news if you have a good property.

D&L Property Projects NZ Ltd
    Sourcing Investments that fit.
    [email protected]
    Email to receive current deals

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.