All Topics / Value Adding / Martin Ayles

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Martin Ayles

What did you think of Martins Audio and Video links, I enjoyed listening to it and it was certainly food for thought.

the full story of how he managed to go from gladwrap to glamwrap would be interesting..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Looks like what I’m after!

Thanx Redwing

Cheers
    C@34

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to always try something one more time.
    – Thomas Edison

Profile photo of roborobo
    @robo

He has a great little book called You need a Rocket, i sent him a email asking where i could buy it and he sent it to me for free which was pretty impressive, not so much about property but taking action, well worth the read.
    Robo

Profile photo of GeoffBeckGeoffBeck
    @geoffbeck

Like Robo, I asked Martin were I could buy his book and he kindly posted me two signed copies for free. I have given one copy to someone who also appreciated it.

I aspire one day to be in a similar position to that of Martin i.e Finically and time generous.

Cheers,
    GeoffB

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Thanks for that guys..

hopefully we’ll get some more links from Steve, Brent and The Team here at PI from time to time. I for one would enjoy it.

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Profile photo of learnsharelearnshare
    @learnshare

I guess most of you have been aware that Martin is conducting a one day workshop in Melbourne on Sunday, 5th march 2006. If interested, please give 03 8892 3800 a call for booking, if there are still some spare seats available.

Cheers,

Participant
    @redwing

Too far away..

Tried to find the book to purchase of Martins, but I’ve had no joy..any ideas where to locate it?

REDWING

Profile photo of sampsonsampson
    @sampson

Redwing

If you go to Angus & Roberston, they will order it for you!

Participant
    @redwing

Thanks Samson

Profile photo of Esther TanEsther Tan
    Participant
    @thewizard
    Profile photo of MagellanMagellan
    @magellan

I just listened to the Audio– I really cannot believe that Martin would not have been aware of the value of the demolition content in the property that he developed in Adelaide and if he was not aware of such an elementary factor in buiding/ developing he would not be someone to whom I would pay money for his seminar. I suspect he put that in so as to appear like an average Joe– “Anyone can make money developing” – to cast the widest net.

Profile photo of stargazerstargazer
    Participant
    @stargazer

Hi

How did you obtain Martins email address.

Cheers
    SG

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways Beer in one hand – Pizza in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO!”

Profile photo of nazzysmithnazzysmith
    @nazzysmith

Magellan,
    Having met Martin and spent time with him, I highly reccomend going to see him. The important thing to remember is that this is a guy who actually does as he says! Yes he is finacially well off. But he has the same fears as you and me and invariably has made the same mistakes that we will.
    For this reason he is an excellent resource, who can genuinly stand in front of you and show you exactly what he does now and what he has done wrong!
    In my opinion he is just an average joe smo. Nothing special. Except for his amazing success with property. He is very straight forward and gets an A+ for honesty (believe me if you ever meet the bloke you will understand).
    Can I also say (just as my opinion)that he has reached a point where he has more money then he knows what to do with it. I have no doubt in my mind he is not reliant on this seminar for income! More likely has reached a point where he wants to give something back!

-Thomas

“More Time To Snowboard”

Participant
    @redwing

Seems Craig Turnbull has been promoting Michael as well for a while now
    Martin Ayles DVD/Audio

Located Martins books at Angus and RobertsonSo I’ll drop in for a look..the book sounds interesting.

REDWING

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Is the book available as an e book or audio book?

Cheers

Don

D&L Property Projects NZ Ltd
    Sourcing Investments that fit.
    [email protected]
    Email to receive current deals

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Participant
    @redwing
    Originally posted by Magellan:

I just listened to the Audio– I really cannot believe that Martin would not have been aware of the value of the demolition content in the property that he developed in Adelaide and if he was not aware of such an elementary factor in buiding/ developing he would not be someone to whom I would pay money for his seminar. I suspect he put that in so as to appear like an average Joe– “Anyone can make money developing” – to cast the widest net.

I agree with the above, but why ruin a good story?

I’m sure you also wouldn’t want to be advocating paying backpackers “cashies” to help demolish a house..how about insurance (amongst other things)[wink] if the backpackers got injured on-site?

I think the story was for illustrative purposes only and to get a message across of finding additional funds amongst what many consider rubbish..I may be wrong as we only got a ‘snippet’ of the show?

REDWING

Profile photo of brentbrent
    Participant
    @brent
    Originally posted by redwing:
    I agree with the above, but why ruin a good story?

I’m sure you also wouldn’t want to be advocating paying backpackers “cashies” to help demolish a house..how about insurance (amongst other things)[wink] if the backpackers got injured on-site?

I think the story was for illustrative purposes only and to get a message across of finding additional funds amongst what many consider rubbish..I may be wrong as we only got a ‘snippet’ of the show?

REDWING

Yeah – we thought it was a great story – and showed that Martin doesn’t just yack on about how much money he makes, but talks about the learning experiences he has too.

But yes – the moral of the story is that sometimes leverage costs you money.

It wouldn’t be uncommon for a demolition team to take a couple of thousand in salvage (which I’m sure Martin didn’t mind – given how much he stood to make on the development).
    But what Martin didn’t realise (and I wouldn’t have either) was the value of the stone on the house.

As for the backpackers, Martin mentions in the video that he doesn’t recommend it – but this is what the demolition guy ended up using.

Brent Hodgson
    PropertyInvesting.com

P.S. – There’s a Free 21-Minute audio recording around where Martin talks more about his development strategy.

It helps to put the video in context – both were taken from this presentation Martin did at a recent MasterClass in Melbourne.

To access this recording, visit:
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com/martin-ayles-audio.html

Profile photo of RikkyRikky
    @rikky

I think this is another way of people making money by talking .
    I did not like what I read , I have developed a few places and the numbers have to be a lot better than that 2nd deal. I also do not belive he only put 20 hours into it, it takes 100s of hours just searchings for a property to develop.Even if he found the property easy it take so much time talking to planers councils builders banks accountants paper work admin all sorts.The list goes on and on.
    If he only sent 20 hours to make that money why run workshops the work involved would he be better off doing another deal.
    I dont know why steve is so impressed by what he has done ( or maybe its the kicks backs he is getting that he likes ).
    I ussally do not put people down and this is not my intention but paying to go to these events just seems a waste. If you really want to learn about it. Just have a go

Buying Propertys in the USA email me to learn more.
    [email protected]

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I found the book on sale ($2) about 6 months ago, and it has sat on my self since then. I’ve just started reading it, and it is not bad so far.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Parramatta
    [email protected]
    Just send me a blank email, with “subscribe” in subject line.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Participant
    @redwing

I spoke to Angus and Robertson..they can only order it in.

Any gems of wisdom from the book Terry?

REDWING

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.