All Topics / General Property / Buying off the plan-Inspections?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of blogsblogs
    Participant
    @blogs

Hi all,

Well we are just about to settle on our new house. Problem is the builder is being very dodgy and wont let us have a building inspector through. Can he do this?-we bought off the plan We have already been through this with him during the contruction and came to a comprimise (basically we bent over and let him do us from behind) and agreed on a inspection upon settlement, as tehnically until settlement it is his property and can refuse anyone entry.

However he is now trying to get out of this. Anyone know if he can do this, or anyone I can call for advice? Thanks

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Hi blogs,
    the two times we bought a property, part of settlement was an inspection. Our Settlement agent made sure that we didn’t sign off on the settlement papers untill we were happy – once we did it would be too late for any recifications of problems. So, no I don’t think he can do this indefinetly.

He maight have good reason not to let you on as in Hazzards that may cost him a lot in insurances, I don’t know. I’m belevieng in the good of humanity here! Keep in mind I am in WA, so your state may have other rules?!?

Cheers
    C@34

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to always try something one more time.
    – Thomas Edison

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.