All Topics / Value Adding / sunset clause

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of kerryrkerryr
    @kerryr

I an selling a property and the people purchasing want a sunset cluase in the contract. I have never heard of it what does this mean.

Profile photo of Rookie DeveloperRookie Developer
    @rookie-developer

Hi Kerry
    This means that there offer is only valid until a set day/time & then it is no longer valid. You need to accept prior to this
    I hope this helps

TroynBec

[email protected]

Profile photo of MagellanMagellan
    @magellan

It is just a tactic in the buyer V seller game. It is designed to give you a hurry up to accept their offer. As a seller you can also use the same sort of tactic. If a prospect is fooling around and not signing a binding contract I have ,once or twice, instructed my solicitor to withdraw the Contract– i.e ask for the purchaser’s solicitor to return the contract to us. That usually results in the REA(if one is involved) springing in to action to get the purchaser to commit. If they don’t they were probably just wasting your time anyway,Hang Cool, play tough.

Profile photo of Colin GowanColin Gowan
    Participant
    @colin-gowan

Hi kerryr,
    Just remember to invest or sell with the head not the heart and you will be fine.
    If something is for sale today than its very likely that it will also be again tomorrow.

There are a lot of tricks involved with selling anything but all of them can be overcome by thinking of what’s best for you not what you want most.

When you understand the tricks you will find yourself using them.
    Education is indeed a valuable resource, compounded best when used.

Your friend Colin,
    Email [email protected]
    Home 02 46531376.
    Fax There will be a new number with in the next few days.
    Mobile 0425201055 (best contact as always working).
    For all your CLEANING and GARDENING work.
    ‘If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything’ Richard Denny
    ‘If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging’ Richard Denny

Email [email protected].
    Fax new number coming
    Mobile 0425201055.
    For all your CLEANING and GARDENING work.

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

investors usually have sunset clauses because they are looking at multiple properties and making multiple offers.

We try and limit the possibility of an offer being accepted months after we have signed it and forgot about it. we may not be able to finance it months down the track because have moved on with other things. hence the susnsets!!!

We buy properties in Adelaide. No Agent Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of WASPWASP
    @wasp

You can counter by reducing the time to acquire finance if you want, a sunset clause is fine if you are happy with the price, the buyer probably doesnt want to waste time and just wants a commitment from you.

make them commit back by reducing the settlement time, most serious people i know put in sunset clauses and cash settlement in 14 days, they then ask for a reduced price.

The contract is just both of you negotiating to get what you want..if you dont want it knock it back

Wasp

Its not what you earn but what you do with what you earn

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.