All Topics / Help Needed! / structural defect ~ who’s responsible ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of nickelbennickelben
    @nickelben

Hi all starta title owner,

I bought a starta title commercial property which has structure defect. Investigation shows there could be some movement of the slab. The agent told me the body corporate is responsible for the repair but i am not too sure . Can anyone shed some light?

Hoping to clear out my doubt,

Nickelben

Profile photo of WakeWake
    Participant
    @wake

Hi Nickelben

The only way to know is to look at the strata plan, which will show you what is common property (strata responsibility) and what is part of your lot (yours). The strata manager will be able to interpret the plan and explain the situation to you.

Wake

Profile photo of AuzzieLadAuzzieLad
    Participant
    @auzzielad

Hey Guys,

Nickel how long you had the i/p? was a building inspection carry out previous to you purchasing?

Good luck with chasing the Strata up to rectify movement in the slab, might be a fight on your hands there.

Cheers

Profile photo of nickelbennickelben
    @nickelben

Hi Aussielad & wake ,

It is builiding inspection before purchase. I have a reduced price form the vendor and also find out if any movement of the slab, the body corporate will be responsible.

Thank you , guys

Nickelben

as name

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

We bought a house in Redbank Plains knowing it had a structural issue, there is movement due to black soil in the area. But getting a house on a 1/4 acre for $73k now worth $240k as is, im not too fussed. Rent is $195/wk.

Sometimes something wrong means money to you.

DD[headphone]

Buyers Agent (Dip Financial Services(FP)
    Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.