All Topics / Value Adding / Advertising for my new unit FINALLY !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Property PassionProperty Passion
    @property-passion

Well hello all, its been a while since i last posted but im sure some of you remember me asking for advice on a unit i was planing to build.

Well i have finally gotten to the stage of advertising for my dwelling. Need to put the sign up tomorrow, a little over 4 MONTHS after first approching the council/architect. Its been a long wait to say the least. Hopefully i dont get any objections! Im a little worried about that.

So just thought id let you lot know where i was at on my little journey :)

Just wondering, what should i expect if i DO get some objections on the project from neighbours?
    also what happens mext if it all runs smoothly, and no objections occur ?

“It’s not how much money you make, It’s how you spend it that matters.”

Aspiring property developer

Giulio Taranto

Profile photo of RikkyRikky
    @rikky

Property Passion,

Welcome back. If you get objections you can ussally sort it out in the early days if they are not big issues . However if you have a neighbour that is a pain in the arse it will have to go to vcat at the neighbours expence so this ussally does not happen ( but it can ).
    I think you have done well to get it to this stage in 4 months I have had this stage take up to 12 months , I think the quickest I ever did it in was about 5 months.

Good going mate , cheers

Monopoly, my favourite game

Profile photo of RRIERRIE
    @rrie

Hi Guys,
    Just reading your letters and was wondering about my situation and if you could offer any advise.

Living in a normal suburb, wanting to demolish house, build duplex’s for resale. Which way do I head…???

Thanks…

PI.com

Profile photo of MortgagemanMortgageman
    Participant
    @mortgageman

Hi Guilio,

If you do have objectors, the council is unable to issue a permit straight away but will instead will issue a Notice of Decision. If the NOD is for an approval, the objectors have the option of appealing within 21 days and if the NOD is a refusal to grant a permit you have the option of appealing to VCAT. The actual decision making process for issuing the permit is different for each council. I hope this has helped. Good luck.

Kind Regards,

Cameron Perry
    Finance Consultant
    F.R. Perry & Associates
    Finance and Town Planning Services
    Level 13, 30 Collins St
    Melbourne VIC 3000
    Ph (03) 9662 1999
    Fax (03) 9662 2044

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.