All Topics / Help Needed! / Building & Pest – Brisbane Southside

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of KerrieMKerrieM
    @kerriem

We have just signed a contract for a property in Coorparoo. We need to get a building & pest inspection done in the next few days. Can anyone recommend a good one in the area?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

Barry Moore – 1800625055

i’ve always used him and have referred him to dozens of happy clients.

cheers

brahms
    Purveyor of Fine Finances
    aka Mortgage Broker Brisbane

Profile photo of The Wild OneThe Wild One
    @the-wild-one

Ben Poulson,
    charges me $350 for building and pest and delivers it to your door and you can look at the property together if you want.

Ph. 38013608

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

I’m happy to second Ben Poulson – always done me well,

Benny

Profile photo of myanglemyangle
    @myangle

I recently used Ben Poulson.

He was fantastic. Very conscientious! I spent ages talking to him on the phone as there were some issues with Termites and other building issues. follow up inspections free.

By the way his new phone number is 07 3287 7649

Happy to respond to any PM's

Profile photo of dutchbenjamindutchbenjamin
    Participant
    @dutchbenjamin

Sadly I cannot recommend Ben Poulson. The service has clearly gone downhill over the years. We are stuck with Ben, who has been working on a very small project for us for almost ONE YEAR. The communication is abysmal. He hardly ever replies to texts or phonecalls, and we have lost count of the number of no-shows. We are stuck with a building site for a backyard and a skip bin still in the driveway. We are beside ourselves. Could never recommend such a business. Worst trade we’ve ever dealt with.

@benny

Hi Dutch,

Your post piqued my interest.  First off, I wonder if you refer to the same Ben Poulson as I was.   It might be – I only knew him as a Building and Pest Inspector, but a quick search tells me that someone of that name is also a builder (who also does B&P Inspections).   The man I knew did some B&P inspections for me some years ago.

But then you said you are living on a building site for almost a year.   It has been 18 months of Covid so far – has that impacted his operation as much as it has other small businesses?   Does he still have staff, etc. and can they work onsite?

See, it also seemed strange that you happened upon an 8 year-old post to post your grievances.  That also had me wonder re your own “bona fides”.  Why did you do that?   And what have you done to “kick your builder into gear”?  If this is such a small project why have you let it go on for this long?  How small is it really?   A bathroom reno?   Adding a bedroom?  What?

And don’t you have a more satisfactory recourse to provide some action other than to post on a forum about your displeasure?   What else have you done re this?  Have you contacted any authorities to have them chase your case?   Interested to hear more,

Benny

Profile photo of dutchbenjamindutchbenjamin
    Participant
    @dutchbenjamin

Hey Benny,

thanks for your comments. I can assure you it is the same Ben Poulson. It is a little concerning that you are openly questioning our experiences because they may not be the same as yours. We did a quick search for reviews so that we could advise others that perhaps the service is not what it used to be.

Ben is really lovely in person and when he returns calls etc, but that doesn’t change the timeline and lack of service issue. We’ve tried everything and more to get our project finished. It really is a small project, but we’ve had every excuse under the sun. Admin staff leaving, supply shortages etc etc. None of those reasons excuse the unreliable communication. It is not ok to ignore text messages/emails/calls from customers asking for a revised timeline. We’ve lost track of how many times we’ve asked when they’ll next be on site (always accessible)… 50 or more? Then to finally be told (again) we are the priority and then again no-show after no-show. That is just not reasonable.

Cheers.

@benny

Hi Dutch,

I can assure you it is the same Ben Poulson.

It is a rather uncommon name, so you might be right… but how can you be so sure of that?

It is a little concerning that you are openly questioning our experiences because they may not be the same as yours.

On many sites a first post like yours might simply be deleted – you arrived unannounced, responded to a VERY old post, and flamed some tradesperson.  Similar to many spammers when you think of it…..  Fair enough that I might have some concerns re you, isn’t it?  And yes, since I knew of a person with the same name (some years ago) I took the time to get a bit more truth re your post.

Re your concern, in my own way, I was endeavouring to help (both you and the forum in general).  I did pose some searching questions in an attempt to draw out more information on just how bad things really were in your case.  Did you spend any time thinking of any responses to my questions Dutch, or did you simply write them all off?

In closing Dutch, I DO agree that poor communication is not on !   But over a whole year?   What do you plan to do?  Communication can’t be one-way if there are to be meaningful results !!   Surely there are “other avenues” you could take here (??)   Do reread my questions in a new light, then let’s see what happens eh?

Benny

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.