All Topics / Help Needed! / RE: Cashflow Property in Victoria?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of marcoPmarcoP
    @marcop

Hi, I’m a newbie. I have read a fair bit of Kiyosaki’s material and recently am reading McKnight’s From 1-1000000 Prop in 3.5 Yrs.

Am looking to take the next step and start my journey. I want to begin within the borders of my home state Victoria. My price range is 80-100k. I am looking into freestanding units… Houses… Or, any other types of dwellings you’ve had success in acquiring in Victoria?

My question after that lengthy intro. is does anyone know of a good area in Victoria to start acquiring pos cashflow properties? Any suggestion will be great! Thanks

Profile photo of AuzzieLadAuzzieLad
    Participant
    @auzzielad

Hello Macro,

I dont know if you have investigated around the snowfields or close to there. I have had a little look, but not indepth.

Bonuses are high rents during ski season, and also now the attraction of summer visitors to the shi fields too.

Just a suggestion, good luck.

Profile photo of nordicskiernordicskier
    @nordicskier

Under $100k would only get a 1 bedroom low end unit in a regional centre for close to positve cash flow. We were successful in Bairnsdale but the prices have already risen in the unit complex, lowering the yield.

Profile photo of jman2207jman2207
    @jman2207

For that sort of purchase price i dont think you could get anything in Melbourne. I know in geelong you could pick up a 1 bedroom unit for around the 100 mark or cheaper if its a fixerupper. You might have to try a smaller country town with a bit of infrastructure behind it like say bendigo or ballarat.
    good luck
    Jman[suave2]

Profile photo of marcoPmarcoP
    @marcop

Thanks for all your replies thus far. I will look into some of them, and get back to you with my findings as a chance to help other prospective investors in my shoes

Profile photo of Lou32zLou32z
    @lou32z

Hi.

You may want to read Steve’s second book. It fits a little better with today’s market. His first book was written pre-mid boom where pos cashflow properties were still readily available, however its not that easy in today’s (east coast) post-boom era. His second book shows a different perspective to investing (getting more creative to find those CF+ properties) which suits today’s market a bit better. It should give you some ideas on how to think differently/creatively to find (or create) CF+ properties.

Feel free to shoot me down anyone.

Louise.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.