All Topics / Help Needed! / WHICH TO BUY – HOUSE OR UNIT?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of mcubedmcubed
    @mcubed

Hi,
    I am in the market to get my first property, but not sure which way to go. i live in brisbane and I am not sure if I should get a unit or a house. I realise that a unit would be a much cheaper way to go,but i guess maybe it would way up in the end as it has its own fees aswell.Would it be best to save up some more deposit for a house or go ahead and get a unit now. I have been looking/inspecting properties for the past 2-3 months. My plan was to get 1st property by the time i was 21 but 22 now and I want to get it before xmas 05 so that every 2-3 years i will be able to buy another one.
    need to keep on target (well my goal) but would like some advice first

cheers

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

Often mcubed it comes down to only two things-

1. what you can afford
    2. where do you want to live

you can buy a house in the outer outer suburbs for the price of a inner ring apartment – you will need to decide what suits you and your circumstances

cheers

brahms
    Purveyor of Fine Finances
    aka Mortgage Broker Brisbane

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

All other things being equal I would prefer a house for CG.

However all things are rarely equal so you will need to research well!

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

mcubed, I came across an article you might be interested in reading. Here’s the link:

http://yahoo.domain.com.au/Public/Article.aspx?index=PropertyNews&id=1132016828581

Celivia

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.