All Topics / Help Needed! / Property manager Mackay/Moranbah

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of PeteJackiePeteJackie
    Participant
    @petejackie

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a property manager they can reccommend who deals with Moranbah or Dysart? Also an idea of the fees they are charging would be great.

Whilst on the subject of Dysart, has anyone much experience with the market there? What are people’s thoughts?

Cheers,
    Pete

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney
    Originally posted by Pete&Jackie:

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have a property manager they can reccommend who deals with Moranbah or Dysart? Also an idea of the fees they are charging would be great.

Whilst on the subject of Dysart, has anyone much experience with the market there? What are people’s thoughts?

Cheers,
    Pete

While I can’t give you any names, I can give you a list of questions to ask when you interview them.

http://www.rentingmelbourne.com.au/html/s02_article/article_view.asp?art_id=109

Don’t choose a property manager on fees alone.

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 10,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.metropole.com.au

Profile photo of jakethematejakethemate
    @jakethemate

Hi Pete & Jackie,

The one thing I forgot to mention is AIRCON!! Even if 1 room does not have it but the house has Breezeair it is not acceptable to mining companies and will cause delays in you renting your property. (Advise on experience it so happens!) Trades people service the area every 2 to 3 weeks so keep that in mind. I would put it to the RE agent who is selling you the property to find a tennant (ie mining company) as a condition on the sale, not a bad clause looking back as the community is tight and pressure on to get the sale as they all know someone in the mines.

Profile photo of PeteJackiePeteJackie
    Participant
    @petejackie

Thanks Michael & Jakethemate for all your help,

Arrived back yesterday. We looked at 8 properties, narrowed it down to 3 and bought 1.

Paid $325k and had a tennant signed at $650pw within the week.

Regards,

Pete

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.