All Topics / Help Needed! / Insurance & Property management

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of RobAdeRobAde
    @robade

I have just bought myself my 1st property and since I live OS I will be using it for investment purposes. The apt is currently leased and the tenant wishes to continue with their lease which I have no problem with. I have 2 questions.

Providing I choose the current property managers to manage the property will they charge me the normal costs associated with using a property manager. I am presuming since they do not need to find a tenant most of their work is non existent and any costs would seem absurb.

Also I am looking at getting landlords insurance, however does body corporate cover this, if not does anyone recommend a good insurance company?

Many thanks

Rob

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

The PM will charge you the normal management fees.

When a proeprty becomes vacant and the find a tenant, they will then chareg an additional letting fee.

Being OS means you have to find a reliable proeprty manager – one you can trust.

Where is you property?

Aslo the body corporate does NOT cove landlords insurance. Your PM should help you with this.
    Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 10,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.metropole.com.au

Profile photo of The Wild OneThe Wild One
    @the-wild-one

You must take Landlord insurance on strata title properties because the Body Corporate insurance doesn’t cover your lot area for Public Liability, only the Common areas. Also it is against the law in Queensland for your PM to give you insurance advice. We use Terri Scherr because I personaly like the wording ( you will be covered for malisious damage caused by your tenant/s, their family’s and their invities.) Not all insurance policies include invities.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.