All Topics / Help Needed! / Bird Dog Advice

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of DoneDealDoneDeal
    @donedeal

I think this is the correct term for people who search for properties on behalf of other investors and is something I would like to help people with, but am not aware how to go about it or exactly what is required.

I belive I have the time, local knowledge (growing Darwin), network and ability to seek out property for other like minded individuals while I top up my cash account for a business expansion next year.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Profile photo of quigglesquiggles
    @quiggles

My advice is: Be aware of the risks.

If a deal goes sour, your name will be attached.

If you are dealing in property, you may require a licence (don’t treat this casually, you need to know what you are doing).

Finally, if you find a great deal, why would you pass it on instead of trying to raise the capital to do the deal yourself? If it’s not such a great deal, how will that help your client when you stack your fee on top?

Not trying to rain on your parade, just think you need to consider the downsides – bird dogging sounds like it’s an easy licence to print money but there are risks attached.

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Finally, if you find a great deal, why would you pass it on instead of trying to raise the capital to do the deal yourself?

Ahh, quiggles you can’t do them all yourself no matter how much you may want.

Have you dropped out of the US market for others if you don’t mind me asking.

Cheers

[email protected]
    Property Finders living in NZ .
    We are active in this market and buy Properties directly from the public. Maybe you want to sell?
    Email now for information sheet and current deals.

If you have joined the list since 16 Oct Please re send information.

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of DoneDealDoneDeal
    @donedeal

Thanks Quiggles but like the other people said it’s hard to buy every GOOD property yourself

I wasn’t interested in putting deals together or putting my name down on them more doing the leg work for interested parties

In my line of work I visit 6 to 10 properties a day doing work for home owners in quite a few cases just before the property is even listed with any agent and thought I might be able to put this information to good use.

Again thanks for your input [biggrin]

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi DoneDeal
    I call them foot soldiers rarther then bird doggers and its more correct with a foot soldier he finds the the required information or product and I pay for it don’t know if you need a licence to do that nor for that matter do I care.
    but I do agree with quiggles if the was very good you would take it your self so I ask very specific questions that I need answering.
    A deals a deal and not every one likes the deals that come across there desk and if dogging or soldiering is what you like all the best.

here to help
    If you want to get involved in some of the projects I’m involved in email to [email protected]

Profile photo of DoneDealDoneDeal
    @donedeal

Thanks for the reply Gross and yes your right about wanting to buy every good deal but that’s like eating every flavour in the ice cream shop

These are some of the propertys I let go as I was happy with my current position

3 BR Unit rented at $200P W asking 120K
    3 BR House rented at $220 PW asking 150K
    3 BR House rented at $230 PW asking 160K
    4 BR House rented at $250 PW asking 185K

Hard to lick all the ice cream [biggrin]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Maybe speak to some of the other Bird Dogs/Foot Soldiers or Jobbers out there for specefics DoneDeal..You will also have to work out what you are going to charge for your running around and how you will hold these properties for potential buyers

Haven’t heard of anyone doing any Bird Dogging in Darwin, however, I’m sure you’ll be cheaper than a buyers advocate. The biggest thing will be selling yourself to Investors and establishing that you know what your doing to them IMHO..

I’d say go for it though and good luck..maybe contact people such as DD as well for some advice.

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.