All Topics / General Property / WA Property Report

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

The lates figures are in for House Prices in WA,

Any thoughts?

I was suprised to see units in Morley only 2.0% for 12 months (we hold a unit here)..glad to say its up 20.8% over the last 5 years though.

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Hi Redwing,
    where do I find these figures? Reiwa?

Cheers
    C@34

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to always try something one more time.
    – Thomas Edison

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Saturday Paper published all the results in a great liftout again Calvin.

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”

Profile photo of hbhb
    @hb

well done WA and NT
    if it wasn’t for these guys we’d be in a reccession
    keep digging.
    harry

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi Redwing

Stats still showing most areas doing well which I expected.

However, that morning I heard Craig Turnbull stating that there is evidence that the WA market is actually slowing down?? he did not give any details why.

He also predicted at least another 12 months growth 10-15%. I dont actually follow this guru maybe other formites might have some thoughts on this.

Also, just to change the topic, I read that rents will rise by as much as 20% next year due to shortage of houses. Unfortunately rents in Perth are not too flash at present.

M

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

A couple of off the cuff comments;

Hey Redwing…we’ve been down this path before, but if one can’t get access to a Sat West, what to do ??…the data is great, every time it comes out, I’m able to go on my shopping expedition. Data comes out, LVR’s come down, Dazzling goes shopping…woohoo.

hb – absolutely, we’ll dig and drill the bejesus out of our backyard to keep all the paper shufflers in Melbourne and Sydney going. We’ll do the actual work, y’all can just sit there in your suits and watch, drawing up finance and insurance forms….hmmm, how productive. Whose the real mugs hey ??

I’m with you Marisa, I don’t and never would follow Craig the ‘guru’. My Mentor was doing regular 10 MM dollar deals before Craig was born. Whatever gets your face on TV and voice on the radio – right ??

Residential rents jumping 20%…hmmm…I’d like to see that. However, I don’t think the fickle renting folk would, and as usual will up and leave when the economic blowtorch is applied to their feet. There will be plenty of residential Landlords far too scared to put up rents who shall accomodate the underpaying overspill.

Profile photo of hbhb
    @hb

Dazz
    your absolutely right
    six months ago i tripped thru port headland, karratha, kalgoolie on an exec trip and i’ll tell ya….you guys know how to drill holes…..great big big holes.
    but the latte’s…….SH*T
    and my suit…..still trying to get the dirt marks out.
    its good that you guys are the only ones making money for australia, cause without ya, well us city folk in the east couldn’t spend our time make more tax laws (you know we’ve added another 7,000 pages since 1997….
    and we wouldn’t have as many latte shops around….
    and we couldn’t keep building those beautiful shopping centres.
    you might think just shuffling some paper around an office is trival work, but someone has to do it…..at $100,000 a year.
    well one need’s that sort of pay….do you know how much a latte is?
    $4.
    and parking?
    a mortgage.
    you guys don’t know how lucky you are!
    its tuff here in the city.

another latte please….not so strong this time…dash more milk…and a itchy bit more sugar

harry

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

hey redwing, any thoughts you ask… my biggest one is “I wish I owned more property!”

the stats as usual are a bit hit and miss with a few anomolies. it’s a good history lesson but the nore important issue is what will be the headline suburbs in the next edition?

http://www.megapropertygroup.com

INVESTMENT SALES * RENTAL SOLUTIONS * STRATA MANAGEMENT

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Good on ya Harry – gave me a laugh. [biggrin]

Pretty true but isn’t it… [jealous]

Profile photo of hbhb
    @hb

sadly yes
    if it wasn’t for the export of crap from WA
    we’d be down the gruggler.
    we should have had a slowdown years ago
    firstly the property market kept it going
    now its the mining boom
    so once china gets it from someone else
    what then
    urainum
    maybe….
    none in WA
    OK SA and NT
    here’s your chance
    lets start the rumour
    SA’s HOT to trot

harry

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

hb,
    China’s just the beginning.
    Theres India next.
    They all wanna TV and a refrigerator too….and theres a billion of them as well.

So, unless we have a flu pandemic, or a global natural disaster, the good times are set to keep a rollin’ for WA for the forseeable…

kp

Profile photo of hbhb
    @hb

kp….you right
    look the only way out, is to send all of canberra over to you guys
    i know barry hass is going to be upset, but really we need our pollies right in the middle of the Pulse of this country
    thank guys
    i’ll put it into the suggestion box

harry

Profile photo of AjaxAjax
    Participant
    @ajax

Heron Todd White’s comparative analysis of national property markets October 2005

http://www.htwresearch.com.au/download.php?file=2722

Ajax

Profile photo of Cabo WaboCabo Wabo
    Participant
    @cabo-wabo

Yup, i was very pleased with the prop report. Came back all roses for me. Only problem is it makes you wanna go buy every damn property in town, or at least guzzle up all the fuel in your gas tank cruisin round ur favourite ‘wanna buy’ haunts.[bike2]

…..and oh yeah, GO THE MINING INDUSTRY & GO WA!! … and its beers[build], not latte’s[beatnik]…. jeez we’re tough out here…

Cabo Wabo

Profile photo of DobbyDobby
    @dobby

Ajax – very interesting report. I tend to think that Perth has hit the peak. But then again when they say that it always has 1-2 years of growth left.

The commentators are always behind the times. If they new everything spot on they would be billionaires themselves!

Life is like a box of chocolates – you never know what you’re going to get!

Participant
    @redwing

Dazzling try this link to REIWA or maybe try various other sites, Spiderman at Somersoft posted some great links.

WA

Participant
    @redwing

Interesting to look at whats happening at the WA Turf club as well..then there’s Burswoods plans..

Amarillo etc etc..

REDWING

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.