All Topics / Help Needed! / building ages

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of aleealee
    Participant
    @alee

I am looking at a property in qld. when i asked the agent “how old is the property” they replied 15-20 years. i said i needed a definate answer, they came back to me with “the building was completed in 1989”. now i believe that in order to claim for depreciation purposes i really need to know when construction began. does anybody know where the actual proof is of this? council? body corp? is there any sort of documents which states this? thanks

Profile photo of meakinmaster60meakinmaster60
    Participant
    @meakinmaster60

Hi mate,

Get hold of tthe strata title. it will have all the info of the original site, ans the building age.

the agent (creature) will tell you what ever they want!! to be sure, ask him to get the correct info, tell it ( the creature) in order to make an offer, you need to get the info correct. Check out the strata fees, also, these can vary alot.

good luck,
    Jase

JASE

Profile photo of meakinmaster60meakinmaster60
    Participant
    @meakinmaster60

Hi Alee,

Get hold of tthe strata title. it will have all the info of the original site, ans the building age.

the agent (creature) will tell you what ever they want!! to be sure, ask him to get the correct info, tell it ( the creature) in order to make an offer, you need to get the info correct. Check out the strata fees, also, these can vary alot.

good luck,
    Jase

JASE

Profile photo of MooreyMoorey
    @moorey

I had a property I had to find the construction date for and was advised to ring the power company and find out when the metre box was put in.

Profile photo of aleealee
    Participant
    @alee

THANKS FOR THE INFO. Jase, i have got a copy of the strata plans. it indicates when it was approved etc which is 1989, but not when construction started which is think is the vital info i need. any suggestions??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.