All Topics / Overseas Deals / lenders for NZ & OZ

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of wanaka06wanaka06
    @wanaka06

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any lenders that lend in both NZ and Australia – I have equity in NZ that I wish to use to borrow against for purchases in Australia. I am an Australian citizen.

Kim

Profile photo of Andrew BeechAndrew Beech
    Participant
    @andrew-beech

Try HSBC as they are very international. I know they lend in NZ and I would assume they would lend in Aus too.

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

You will find that banks do not lend against property in New Zealand just as a Nw Zealand bank will not take security against an Austraian investment. However the best thing to do would be to establish a line of credit on your New Zealand property. In terms of a broker contact Alistair Perry. He provides finance in Australia and New Zealand and the United States. He can be contacted on 03 9662 1999 or 0407787313. Best to try his mobile because he is out of the office for much of the week

Nigel Kibel

http://www.propertyknowhow.com.au

Australian and New Zealand The United States Property Researcher and education
    One Day property investment research workshop just $290 Melb 26 November Buying in the United States and New Zealand

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of Mobile MortgageMobile Mortgage
    @mobile-mortgage

Hi Kim,
    Most of the NZ Banks will lend to non NZ residents using your NZ property as security over the loan, most mortgage brokers in Australia and NZ will be able to assist, or you can deal direct with an NZ Bank,

When you have released the equity via an NZ lender you could then use these funds to contribute to your Australian purchase and borrow the remainder via any Australian Bank/lending institution, keep in mind NZ rates are higher than here in Australia. Cheers.

Regards
    Steven
    Mortgage Broker

Mobile Mortgage Market
    Ph: 0402 483 216
    [email protected]
    http://www.mobilemortgagemarket.com.au

PLEASE note comments made should not be taken as specific taxation, financial, legal or investment advice.

Profile photo of Andrew BeechAndrew Beech
    Participant
    @andrew-beech

I have recently been dealing with a company who is arranging finance with Australian banks at Australian interest rates secured against NZ property – so the opportunity is out there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.