All Topics / Opinionated! / new legislation in Victoria

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Join Date: 2004
    Post Count: 1,674

    If you are thinking of buying a property in Victoria with the idea of renovating it you should check out
    Before you decide to buy in Victoria as the Victorian government has quietly introduced new legislation that came into effect 14 June 2005 and requires Owner Builders to apply for a Certificate of Consent before they can do major renovation work on property.
    And an Owner builder is not someone who is a builder under this new red tape.
    An owner builder is a person who carries out domestic building work on his or her own land, who is not in the business of building. (from the info book)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.