All Topics / General Property / Tennesee Saddler

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

Hey guys,

I have been looking at some properties over in the Big Tennesee!
    Has anyone done any long term sucuccesful deals over there?

regards Dematio

We’ve got 70 yrs on planet earth,Lets make the most of every day!

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

Has noone been to Tennesee?

Demarge

Email Me

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi worldchanger

sorry it looks like Tennesse isn’t a place the forum is familiar with. I’ve spent a lot of time in the US over the past 12 months, about 16 weeks all added up. But i’ve never been to Tennesee.
    I have nothing to offer.
    But i think you want to tell us ? ok, let hear about it.

regards westan

Properties in the USA 15-25% returns- email to join our database [email protected]

Profile photo of bardon_2bardon_2
    Participant
    @bardon_2

World Changer,

Never been there but I can vouch for there whiskey I love the Jack Daniels and that is a good solid employer and I will keep buying it, house prices in major metro areas have only started to appreciate noticeably in the last quarter ie second quarter 2005 at about 8-9%.

Profile photo of oziozi
    @ozi

Hi World Changer,

I know an aussie investor who has moved to the US recently to source properties for aussie investors in Tennesee. I have sent you a PM with their details. From what I’ve heard, there is huge growth projected for Tennesee in the near future. From memory (don’t quote me on this), Tennessee was listed as the number 1 place in the US for new businesses to grow. I think Texas came in at 8th. Rochester was 43rd and Buffalo was around 48th.

Good luck.

Regards,
    Ozi

@westan

Hi Ozi

are you able to quote the source of the info ?

Just one thing did you realise some of the places you quoted were cities and others States? You may need to check to stats. It would suprise me if data mixed up states and cities.

regards westan

Properties in the USA 15-25% returns- email to join our database [email protected]

Profile photo of oziozi
    @ozi

Hi Westan,

I had the print out of the article at home, but have managed to find it online. Sorry for the mix up in states/cities ;) The ordering which I quoted was from memory and rough (I read this article several months ago).

The link below has the “correct” listings:

“2005 AMERICA’S 50 HOTTEST CITIES: Nashville Climbs to the Top of America’s Hottest Cities”

http://www.expansionmanagement.com/smo/articleviewer/default.asp?cmd=articledetail&articleid=16327&st=2

and

http://tinyurl.com/9gqpd

My memory isn’t so bad, is it? [biggrin]

Regards,
    Ozi

@westan

Hi Ozhan

thanks for that

The US really is the land of opportunity !!

i will study those links later, I really shouldn’t be on the forum, i’m supposed to be packing our furniture to return to Aust. The furniture goes next Wed.

Thankyou

regards westan

Profile photo of Rob_WRob_W
    @rob_w

How y’all?

My mum’s here from Nashville at the present. I’ll let her tell you what she knows. She is clueless about property (sorry Mum!)

Rob’s Mum:

Buy not rent

will answer any queries
    Mum

Mmm. very helpful I’m sure. My parents own a townhouse 3 bedroom 2 bathroom cost US$195,000 in 1999, valued by my mother now at $250,000. Strata fee $352/month. Rent $1,500/month. That makes it 7.2% ROI by my calculations before strata fees, 5.5% ROI after paying strata fees. I’ve visited and it’s in a great location 20 mins to downtown, beaiful community atmosphere, pool, tennis courts, clubhouse etc.

She’s just told me you should buy in Cool Springs at McKay’s mill. Based on her previous property record, I therefore suggest you avpoid this area like the plague :)

Profile photo of RikkyRikky
    @rikky

Welcome back to the main land Westan, hope the move all goes well.

Monopoly, my favourite game

@westan

Hi Guys

Rikky thanks for the kind thoughts.

Rob_W i’ll take your advise.

Ozhan, thanks for the great link, i don’t think i will get a chance to comment. Have to keep packing and getting ready to move.

regards westan

Bye for a while, i’m moving back to Australia
    Buy in the USA [email protected]

Profile photo of TennesseeTennessee
    @tennessee

Hi all,
    Lisa here the one who moved to Tennessee. Once again ozi has come up with some very interesting data about Nashville,thanks Ozi.Tennessee is a fantastic place to live and you can just feel that things are happening especially with the relocation of the Nissan plant to Tennessee in all the headlines.
    To all you Aussie investors ,I am finding some great multi-units and pre-forclosures with good returns. If you don’t beleive me ,come over for a visit ,the people here are so friendly they love Aussies ,you will be treated like royalty!
    Anyway in the meantime I find properties in Tennessee and in the next week or so will be flying to Dallas/Fortwoth and Austin Texas to choose some good realtors to work with. Both Tennessee and Texas have got good reputations with finance companies so I can safetly get finance for foreign alien investors,low doc up to 80% residential and commercial.
    I am working hard at doing deals with absolutely no money down and that shouldn’t be too far away.
    Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions.
    [email protected]
    cheers
    Lisa
    http://www.realestateinvestmentfinder.com

Lisa Lammers

Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

Hey all,

Thanks so much for all yr info and thoughts!
    I don’t have too much to add ,yet but am looking at doing another trip to the states, hopefully in the not too distant.

I have heard you are enjoying some great returns Lisa,Good on you for stepping out and packing up and doing it!!
    Nashville sounds good.
    Any positives or negatives to keep in mind?
    What sort of cashflow are you seeing?

Thanks heaps guys!

Regards Dematio

Email Me

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.