All Topics / Help Needed! / Creative ideas to help a sale

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of Hux001Hux001
    @hux001

ok guys I have a negatively geared one that I’m having trouble selling. I’ve met the market and it’s a good price but no-one is buying. So what about creative ideas to help it along. I’m thinking of adding a new widescreen TV into the sale price, maybe even a plasma ? Anyone got other ideas that have worked for them…

Success comes from doing things differently eh Steve..

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation

“Met the market” means your sale price expectation is the same as a buyer’s purchase price… ergo your property is selling or sold. If nobody is prepared to buy your house at the price you expect and you’ve done everything you can cosmetically / repair-wise, you have 2 choices – lower your price or hold it in the hope that future buyers will be prepared to pay more than current buyers. I personally doubt whether a $2000 plasma screen will be worth even $1500 to a potential buyer.
    Cheers, F.[cowboy2]

Profile photo of Hux001Hux001
    @hux001

Thanks for your thoughts Foundation…anyone else?

Profile photo of YasminaYasmina
    @yasmina

Have to agree with foundation on this one, don’t think plazma tv will do any wonders for you.
    People that i know recently had lots of trouble selling their house (overprized one), they tried everything, with couple different REA, finaly they sold it at the auction, believe or not for previous asking price. Maybe you just need to be a bit more patient, right buyer will come your way. Good luck.

Yasmina

Yasmina

Profile photo of TrishClarkTrishClark
    @trishclark

Hi

When I am selling my properties I always hire a full house lot of furniture to create the dream or life style that your property has. Empty houses are a lot harder to sell than beautifully finished properties as most buyers need to see how there furniture would fit etc. Also, have you thought of taking the property to auction with a new agent with a whole fresh approach.

Just some ideas that may help.

Trish Clark

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

yes Trish, better to spend $2k on furniture rental than on a plasma (which is likely to get flogged from an empty house)

whitegoods however may tempt a 1st home buyer.

http://www.posigear.8k.com
    Positive Geared Share Investing

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

How about offering vendor finance to first home buyers

sell it on an installment contract

sell it as a rent to own house

the above 3 ideas will garantee to get your asking price as you are being flexible on terms

We buy properties in Adelaide. Immediate Cash Settlements, No Agent Fees.
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

If its priced well it will sell not matter if it’s furnished or not. Just make sure its clean and tidy. Ask agent for feedback from inspections. What type of advertising are you doing ? Perhaps look at changing agents.
    Most homes should sell within 3 months or they are overpriced.

AJBS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.