All Topics / General Property / listing 2 agents?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of katfratkatfrat
    @katfrat

Hi
    We have one agent on selling our house with Exclusive period about to finish.(they still have 3o days “continuing”) Considering putting a 2nd agent. What would be best to put in the contract with the 2nd agent: Who sells takes commission? and NON exclusive what else would be need. New to investing any ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Profile photo of FOZ57FOZ57
    @foz57

Once your exclusive period with the first agent expires then who ever sells your property is entitled to the commission.

Profile photo of gavvicgavvic
    @gavvic

Two agents selling the one property, they have no incentive to get a better price for you. It will not sell for top dollar, as both agents will just try to make you sign off on any offer they present to you, they will not push the buyer for more money.

Money can’t buy everything
    what it can’t buy I don’t want

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

I agree with gavvic

We’re dealing with agents all day. They are basically selling (their) time – not properties.

They only have so many hours in a day. They will work on properties where they are reasonably assured a commision.

Have you considered that the reason that the property is not selling is not the agent, but the price?

At the right price, properties still sell quickly today.

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 10,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.metropole.com.au

Profile photo of katfratkatfrat
    @katfrat

thanks for the advise.The agent we had out said the same thing about listing 2 of them but i wasn”t sure to beleive him or not!!
    We have already dropped the price twice since the original listing, to met the market would this be have a bad effect on selling it? Should we start a fresh with a new agent and different price?

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Karfrat

why isn’t the home selling ?

this is a question you need to ask the agent.
    as michael said it could be overpriced , but it may not be the reason. to is also possible that the past month was quiet and your home is priced well !
    I would want to hear what the agent says, he might say its because there is an issue with the home ?? who know at least you can deal with whatever he says.
    I alway have the opinion that an agent wants the sale, he is working for himself. Not all are like this but to expect the agent to get the best price and push the price up for you ?? Doesn’t usually happen. they would rather get a contract signed and move on to the next deal.
    You have the power, use it if needed, Tell the agent that you will give him an extension of 2 weeks and then you may be forced to take action and move the home from them ??
    hope this helps

regards westan

Properties in the USA 15-25% returns- email to join our database [email protected]

@katfrat

Hi westan,Thanks for your advise.
    The agent has said the feed back has been “26sq’s of living was to small for the price we were asking”. Nice house and gardens but not for the price, we have now dropped the price 3 times a total of $70,000.00. We have OPI’s this weekend both Saturday and Sunday. We have told the agent that this his last week and we are consider changing agents. Hope this will acheive a result Im happy with the price drop as i know it might not have been in the right price bracket and we will still make a good profit and we are wanting to move on to other opportunites as we are moving to Perth.If we have no result this weekend I am stumped in what to try next.

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling
    If we have no result this weekend I am stumped in what to try next.

Rent it out and use the equity you have in the place. Keeps taxman out of the loop.

@katfrat

Hi Dazzling
    We have just re financed it and have brought in Perth borrowed 100% for perth prop. Plan b is to put tenants in it this one we are trying to sell the only thing is it dosn’t free up our cash (equity) or is there a way to do that?

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

It would to a degree depend on where your property is located. However my view is that in most cases if you give it to more than one agent the agents will work on there own listings first. Because they know they will make a commission if they sell the house. What is more important is are you happy with the agent. Are they working for you. Get a friend to enquire about your property and see what feedback you recieve. Also did they give you an overinflated figure to get you to list your home with them. I would be more inclined to give the property with one agent buyt have confidence in the person or company.

Nigel Kibel

http://www.propertyknowhow.com.au

Australian and New Zealand The United States Property Researcher and education
    One Day property investment research workshop just $290 Melb 26 November Buying in the United States and New Zealand

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.