All Topics / Overseas Deals / zero fees next 3 years

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Hi All,

For those of you investing in Invercargill you may be interested to know that the S.I.T has annouced it will continue funding the zero fee student scheme until at least 2008.

There had been some mixed reports a few months ago.

Cheers

[email protected]
    Property Spotters living in NZ
    Renovation & Project Management
    Email now to receive info on the lastest deals!

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Don

great news for invercargill.

is there any word on the push to make the SIT a University ?

I am sceptical if it would ever happen and even if it did would it be a benifit ? The SIT is currently great for the city.

regards westan

Properties in the USA 15-25% returns- email to join our database [email protected]

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Hi Westan,

I had only heard the uni idea mentioned in passing so I think it is one of those things that gets thrown out there. It reminds me a bit of the “fast ferry” to sydney from the central coast.

Just my opinion that the SIT is offering education to a niche market and they currently have to flexibity to change structure according to what the market wants. Uni’s tend to be a bit slower to respond.I was talking to the guys out at the new meatworks the other day and they were saying that the courses are now aimed more to adult education rather than “students” ie young and just out of school. The guy I spoke to was an admin guy in mid 30’s and was doing courses to try and move into a new role at his current job.

Not sure what this means for the rental market but I suspect that adult students working full time or part time as well as studying would demand a higher standard of accomodation than first time out of home kids. This is good news for landlords who are on tops of things and not so good news for landlords who could perhaps be more dilligent and throw some well spent dollars at their homes. eg, Heating, carpet, Clean warm bathrooms.

Anyway, enough about the SIT, just thought I would post the info because the uncertainty which has now ended rated a one liner in a recent valuation.

Cheers.

[email protected]

Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of dohickydohicky
    @dohicky

hi guys,

yeah that was in my valuation in Invercargill from last week, I thought it was a strange thing to add… Glad to hear the free fees have been concreted for a while longer.

Dohicky

Participant
    @don

Hi Dohicky,

That makes two! Those guys are a week behind the times.[biggrin] Too be fair the other one was done is September right when that was biggish news in the paper and was supplied by the vendor.

cheers

[email protected]

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @don

The sit has a full page add in the paper today with a list of the courses they are now offering.

The courses are now wide ranging including Bachelor courses in IT, Journalism, Media, health science and diplomas in Architectuarl Technolgy.There looks to be about 80 courses running at the moment.

The seperate Dunedin College of education is also advertising for students to study out of invercargill for its Teaching undergraduate courses and professional development masters courses.

I have heard from two rental managers now that the rental market for smaller flats which had been slow is starting to pick up so for those of you who have invested it may be time to get the properties ship shape and ready for the increasing demand.

The site for sit is http://www.sit.ac.nz Fee free is to continue.

Cheers

[email protected]
    Property Finders living in NZ .
    We are active in this market and buy Properties directly from the public. Maybe you want to sell?
    Email now for information sheet and current deals.

If you have joined the list since 16 Oct Please re send information.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @don

The seperate Dunedin College of education is also advertising for students to study out of invercargill for its Teaching undergraduate courses and professional development masters courses.

Just drove past this building today and they are adding a new wing to the complex.

D&L Property Projects NZ Ltd
    Sourcing Investments that fit.
    [email protected]

Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.