All Topics / Opinionated! / today tonight last year

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of Freddo_frogFreddo_frog
    @freddo_frog

Hi All,

I recall seeing today tonight last year where Steve took on 10 students and would show them the ways to $$. I was wondering if anyone has seen the results?
    I have read Steve’s books and applaud his success – but find it difficult to apply these techniques in todays market.

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Freddo,

I think that you are referring to the MAP Program. (Millionaire Apprentice Program).
    We were one of the group that Steve mentored.

All I can say is that the results of the group were astonishing!

Not just us, (we were pretty average), but many in the group did things that 12 months earlier, they would have never have imagined doing. The investing results were good, but the personal growth that we all experienced was the main thing that we all have benefited from. (thanks Steve).

The techniques that Steve taught us, can be put into practice in ANY real estate market.

Perhaps do a search on the MAP program. If you have read both of Steve’s books, you should know about it. Or are you referring to the TV audience people that he mentored?

Regards,
    Del

http://www.nzpropertytogo.com

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing
    Originally posted by wilandel:

Or are you referring to the TV audience people that he mentored?

Regards,
    Del

What happened there Del?

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

@wilandel

Hi Redwing,

From what I remember, nothing happened!!

I think that the TT mentorees (is that a word?) expected Steve to do it all for them, and that’s not the way that Steve works. That’s not what mentoring is all about.

Cheers,
    Del

Profile photo of Leo ChekhovLeo Chekhov
    @leo-chekhov

Yes, Del, thats one opinion. There are other opinions though that he was lucky to escape prosecution in the same way as that other milionaire maker (Henry Kay) got charged.

Heres one explanation – called ‘Milionaire Make Believe’ which is hard to argue with…

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s1081543.htm

Leo

@wilandel

Hi Leo,

And of course we all believe everything that we see on TV or read in the newspapers don’t we…..[baaa]

If the TT mentorees really “WANTED IT BAD ENOUGH”, they would have at least made some attempt.

Del

@leo-chekhov

Hi Del

Let me see if I get what your saying – The ABC report was all lies – which means the mentorees must have become milionaires but lied to the ABC.

But you lashed out at the mentorees for being lazy.

Lazy mentorees with the ABC program that exposes lies being the real one telling the lies.

I get it.

Leo

@wilandel

Hi Leo,

Let’s leave it there shall we…
    This post is going nowhere.

Del

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi Leo,

Actually, I think it’s important to set the record straight.

The promise made to the TT viewers (which is verified from the transcript of the TT stories) was as follows:

1. That the chosen TT viewers would receive a selection of product that I had produced;

2. That they would receive a ticket to a seminar that I was running at the time;

3. That they would receive my email address, and phone number, which they could use to contact me one-to-one, for a period of 12 months.

These items were provided in good faith. I made no financial guarantees (such as becoming millionaires). I did say that, provided they were committed and dedicated, I thought I could help them to be build a better financial future (in generic terms).

Where confusion arose was with the difference between what I was providing the TT viewers (I think the TT producers called this their ‘Millionaire Challenge’), compared with what the people in my structured mentoring program (i.e. the MAP <where the goal was to acquire $1m worth of r/e in 12 months>) were receiving.

The two ‘streams’ of people arose because Ch7 approached me to include some of their viewers in the MAP. However, because the MAP had already started a few months earlier, and because several people who applied and had followed the application process had missed out, I didn’t think it would be appropriate to include new people based on being TT viewers alone.

I felt that doing so would be unfair to those that missed out and would also damage the trust that had built up in the MAP group over the first several months. Accordingly, I declined to include more people and instead offered what is outlined above to the TT viewers selected.

The ABC article that you mention is not accurate, and I wrote to them about this. However, they did not see fit to correct their errors. I didn’t actually provided Media Watch with any comment or statement – and, as I understand it, neither did any of the TT viewers.

What the ABC did do was inappropriately hound the TT viewers to the point of personal intrusion. When no ‘dirt’ was found, they editorialised their comment.

With this in mind, have another read of the story and look out for:

1. Comments taken from the TT stories. These are one line grabs over several stories, and, of most note, they left out what I promised to provide the TT viewers with.

2. Review the misquotes taken from me as they were taken out of context… they were from another conversation altogether with another person! (see below).

3. Review their editorial comments that are used to plug the gaps and paint the least flattering picture possible.

The quotes attributed to me come from a taped phone conversation that I had with Neil Jenman and were taken out of context. Neil ‘leaked’ these comments to Media Watch as part of his campaign to discredit me, and, then, as seems his want, wrote an editorial article on his website quoting the Media Watch story as evidence to suit his purposes.

Interestingly, this type of journalism (from Neil and from the ABC) is exactly the same sensationalism for which they criticise me and Ch7.

As for being ‘lucky’ to escape prosecution. I feel that I always answered questions put to me, from both TT, from the ABC, from Neil, and from others with complete honestly. It is the context to how my answers have been portrayed where the problem lies.

Now, to answer your question….

My interaction with the three TT viewers following the story was as follows:

1. Having received the product and seminar ticket, one group decided to travel overseas and did not take up the email/phone option.

2. Another group received the product, seminar ticket and then, a few months down the track, suffered a health set-back and wanted to change focus. I told them that they could contact me at any time and I’d be there to help.

3. The third group received the product, ticket and we met regularly over 12 months as I helped them with various business interests they had.

The ABC story mentioned that they told Media Watch that they had ‘got nowhere’. I doubt this was true, as, in the very least, all the viewers received the promised product, the seminar ticket(s), and were provided access to me for them to use as they wanted.

When you take out all the hype and name calling, what you’re left with is my promise to the TT viewers which, as outlined above, was faithfully met.

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

@leo-chekhov

The ABC Media Watch program is the WATCHDOG of what goes on in the media!!! If it really did do what you claim hundreds of other journalists would want to know about it. It would be a big story – not to mention the press council.

This does NOT seem as if you have “set the record straight”; it reads as if you got caught out.

It’s hard to believe that Channel 7 and the ABC and the mentorees and Jenman could all be wrong and you be the only one right.

Sorry, I really wanted to believe you, but your explanation doesnt stack up.

Leo

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Leo,

All I can say is that I’m sorry you don’t believe what I have written when it was a true account of what happened.

Best wishes,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of Harley2Harley2
    @harley2

It always staggers me that this sort of discussion has to occur. With all our self congratulations on being a harmoneous and understanding society, people still believe what they want to believe.
    Steve does not need me to stand up for him – he is quite capable of doing that himself, and has done so on many occasions admirably. I don’t know him personnally, only through the material and information that is publically available, but I will say that he does not need to do what he is doing. My reading is that his one desire is to help others to reach towards their potential and to see them succeed.
    I feel sorry for those who feel so threatened by that and can only justify their position chopping down others, but I am so thankful for the wonderful opportunity that I have been given. It is through Steve’s efforts that that opportunity has come to me. The outcome is my responsibility.

DavidM

Profile photo of learnsharelearnshare
    @learnshare

Hi All,

There is always two sides of a coin. It depends on which side you stand for. After knowing him from his books and seminars. I believe Steve has a mission of his own, which to me is genuine. He is genuine to share his invetment philosophy and techniques. It’s up to an indiviudal if he or she wants to adopt it and make use of it.

Cheers,
    herman

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.