All Topics / General Property / Being a big skite!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Well, I’m pretty darn pleased with myself! Settled on a property on October 28th and have just had the valuation report back (lost in the mail) for $15k more than purchase price. I’m quite chuffed, to be honest!

Just thought I’d show off.:)

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Well done sq…congratulations.

You know, there is a fine line between being a skite, being confident and just telling it like it is.

I don’t think you are skiting off at all, but then I don’t like people who skulk around deliberately hiding their light under a bushel.

Onya. [biggrin]

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Come on seaqueen – tell us more how much did you knock of the purchase pric.

Cheers

[email protected]
    Property Spotters living in NZ
    Renovation & Project Management
    Email now to receive info on the lastest deals!

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Thank you for the nice reply. Us kiwis kind of have this thing where you don’t go round telling everyone how much money you have. So it’s a bit of a novelty to be able to share!

The property had been tenanted to some pretty dodgy people, by the sounds of things, and the vendor (an out of town person), just wanted rid of it. The tenants had refused to let the agent through with any buyers, so we were the lucky ones to view it the day they moved out. I guess the most important thing I’d done was a “QV E-valuer” report (www.qvonline.co.nz) which gave me an indication of market value, and I offered about ten thousand less than that. Offer was unconditional. After some offering and counter-offering we agreed on $120k. (QV report said $128-138). Valuer’s report put it at $135k.

Don and Liz, this is the property in Drury Lane, Grasmere.

Cheers all
    Anne

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Well Done seaqueen!

[email protected]
    Property Spotters living in NZ
    Renovation & Project Management
    Email now to receive info on the lastest deals!

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Well done seaqueen on the good buy

i reckon that this forum is the one place that we can share our success’ without thinking that we are showing off. Unfortunately often our “Non Investing Friends” don’t like hearing how much we are making. Especially when they know they should be doing the same.

So here us a place we can celebrate success. Lets do more of it.

regards westan

Properties in the USA 15-25% returns- email to join our database [email protected]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.