All Topics / General Property / selling house in Officer, Vic to move to WA

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of katfratkatfrat
    @katfrat

Hi everyone our house has been on the market for 5 weeks with one agent for 40 days and then a continuing period of 30 days about to start. In this time we have had 4 people through with no offer’s. I am considering putting another agent on with who ever sells it gets commission. (we have already drop price $20k) Market maybe telling me its still over priced.I am getting worried as we have purchased a house in WA and move at end of December need to sell this house to free up our cash to start investing in WA. Any opinions on selling this house would be greatly appreciated as we are new to investing. If not sold before leaving plan B is to take of market and put tenants in it, but this does not free up our cash.

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi,

We live in Kooweerup (for 4 more weeks) not far from Officer…

All the windows of the RE Agents in Pakenham seem to be REDUCED – MAKE AN OFFER type ads…

This tells me that you are probably doing well to have got 4 inspections in 5 weeks.

Take a long hard look at the price and work out if you are kidding yourself at the price that it is listed at.

“DO YOU WANT IT”, OR “DO YOU WANT IT”???? How much do you want to sell?

If your goal is to sell, cash up and move on, then bite the bullet and price the house accordingly. It sounds like renting the house out is not an option that fits in with your goals.

Consider the lost opportunities of NOT investing in WA…. Just my 2c worth [blush2]

Good luck,
    Del

http://www.nzpropertytogo.com

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Del, you are right about lost opportunities in WA.

I think Perth’s median price is now $300,000 and I dont believe there are any signs of slowing down yet.

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

reiwa is saying $308,000. has been a great run and yes – subject to bird flu and religious nutters – there doesn’t seem to be any sign of a slowdown yet.

http://www.megapropertygroup.com

INVESTMENT SALES * RENTAL SOLUTIONS * STRATA MANAGEMENT

Profile photo of katfratkatfrat
    @katfrat

Thanks Del
    Your right we are missing out on deals in Perth while we are fussing over a price here. My comon sense tells me we have not met the market yet. I have already rung agent and droped the price.[biggrin]( I sent you a email as at the time i couldnt work out how to post another message!!)

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hey Katfrat,

I have just sent you back an email…

Isn’t it funny how sometimes things are so obvious to others, but it’s as if you have got blinkers on yourself and can’t see it.[blush2][biggrin]

Glad I could be of some assistance…

I’m sure the house will sell soon. Officer is a great town.

Cheers,
    Del

http://www.nzpropertytogo.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.