All Topics / Overseas Deals / Relocatable homes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of MaiAMaiA
    @maia

Hey all

Wondering if anyone has had much experience with relocating homes to sections in NZ, nrth Island. I am looking for creative ways to make a good deal even better by putting an additional property on a section that we own.
    I am wondering where relocatable homes may be sourched? What the price was to move the home on, establishing costs of the new home etc?
    Would really appreciate any info, experience that anyone has had in this area

Cheers
    Mai

Profile photo of dohickydohicky
    @dohicky

hi,

I havent done it before, but i have seen homes for removal listed with real estate agents and also on trademe.co.nz

otherwise if you want a new one try lockwood.

also the government sometimes decides to close down areas that they have provided accomodation for staff and sell the homes, normally state-house types, you may need local knowledge for that though.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Guys

you might also want to PM “Minimogul”, a famous personality on this forum, but absent for a little while.

I know Mini has done a lot of research into this matter.

regards westan

Properties in the USA 15-25% returns- email to join our database [email protected]

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Hi Mai,

Couple of outfits in the south doing this. You can get a brand new “transportable” 2 brm homes for around 65k. You can also buy second hand homes and have them delivered to you door almost like a pizza ( it’s a bit more complicated) .

I have done this in OZ and probably the most important part is the team that you have to finish the job. The last thing you want is a home that “looks”like it was moved onto the site. If that is the result you end up with then in my opinion you may as well not bother. I have never done it in NZ.

Cheers.

[email protected]
    Property Spotters living in NZ
    Renovation & Project Management
    Email now to receive info on the lastest deals!

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of MaiAMaiA
    @maia

Thanks for your thoughts guys appreciate the feed back

Mai

@maia

Thanks for your thoughts guys appreciate the feed back

Mai

Profile photo of MauiMaui
    Participant
    @maui

kia ora mai
    i would like to suggest to you putting an ad in the local paper of the town/city you are lookin for a property in. we have done this and it has proved very successful. there is also a trade and exchange booklet which as far as i know is sold as a local booklet along the entire east coast of both islands that is very popular which is free to advertise in. contacting the local citizens advice bureau would be a good source to find the contact details for these.
    hope this helps

“think more do less”

@maia

thanks for that maui
    very helpful, were you at the get together in Melbourne?

Are you happy to elaborate further on your successes regarding relocatable homes?

Know any Akuhatas in Gisborne?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.