All Topics / General Property / westfield in Armadale WA – What do people think?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of avranjesavranjes
    Participant
    @avranjes

Hello,

I am looking at a investment property in Westfield near armadale in WA. Long term buy nad hold strategy.

What do people think of this surburb and Armadale etc? I believe we should see some steady growth in the future.

here is the stats for the surburb; [taken from REIWA]

Population: 5,103
    Median Age of Residents (Years): 31
    Residents over 65 (%): 8.1%
    Distance from Perth GPO (km’s): 26
    Number of Homes:
    Fully Owned (%):
    Being Purchased (%):
    Rental Properties (%):
    Not Stated (%): 1,811
    28%
    47%
    20%
    5%
    Median House Price: $153,500 (Year to Jun 2005)
    Percent change from the previous year: 20.40%
    5 Year Average Annual Growth Rate: 13.60%
    Median Weekly Rent: $135
    Median Monthly Loan Repayment: $617
    Median Household Weekly Income: $684
    Local Schools: Westfield Primary School, Grovelands Primary School,Kelmscott Snr High School, John Wollaston Anglican Community School, Kindaimanna Pre-School
    Shops: Kelmscott Plaza, Westfield S/C
    Train Stations: Kelmscott train station
    Bus Services: Bus station at Kelmscott train station and local bus service

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Armadale has had great CG of late, there was a good API story about two Perth brothers some time back who were investing there..Too far inland for me but thats just personal preference.

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of dalefreodalefreo
    Participant
    @dalefreo

Hello Avranjes

I too like Armadale and have been looking at it more closely recently. Like anywhere though it does depend on the particualr property and the deal. Geven the general state of the market in WA i.e. still moving strongly where other states have a different momentum, Armadale is as good a place as any.

Dale

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

You may want to contact Council & various government departments as I know they are pumping money into this area, always a good sign. I have heard of many projects, but I have not specifically researched this area.

One project I know of is expansion of Armadale-Kelmscott Hospital I believe to 300 bed.
    Hegney valuers have stated that this will drive property values up.

If you can purchase house with potential to develop will be great, I believe hard to come by, probably have to pay too much anyway.

Good luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.