All Topics / Help Needed! / WA Investors

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

[biggrin]

You’re not just a pretty face are you gross!

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of Bob DobelinaBob Dobelina
    Participant
    @bob-dobelina

Have to agree with Dazzling from his prior post(s) (Dazzling I know I’m sometimes mean to you for your tell-it-like-you-see-it approach, but in this case you have my full support [;)] ).

I agree with Dazzling that net yield can be a good indicator of cf status… by the time you get down to net income what’s left? The debt payment. As Dazzling says, you can compare the ratio (or %) on the net yield against the cost of debt (face or effective, your choice). Just a straight comparison if deposits aren’t making the principal amounts non-comparable.

I don’t think yield is a concept fraudulently borrowed from commercial investing. With both types of property you can take effective gross rent and whittle it down to NOI; apart from who pays for the variable outgoings it’s much the same process.

whether the property is cashflow + or – is purely relative to the individual purchasers overall position.

Maybe Brahms is referring to the loosely-worded “cashflow positive” scenario in which a negatively geared property gets a serious cashflow boost from pro-rating fat depreciation benefits – in that case the +ve or -ve cf status of the property would depend to a degree on the purchaser’s financials.

Tell me if I’m wrong but I thought Steve’s whole point in his books etc is that for a property to count as a genuine contributor to the investor’s cashflow position it needs to meet and exceed its expenses from its rental income.

Bob

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi redwing
    never was a pretty face but know a deal three lender want to lend on the units and scored another goal today just not telling the score.

here to help
    If you want to get involved in some of the projects I’m involved in email to [email protected]

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Simon_G,

While I don’t know what Dazzling’s investing in, I can say it’s usually not Residential, so if that’s what you’re looking at then you won’t find the returns he’s quoting.

PK

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.