All Topics / Help Needed! / Building on Land

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of djonesdjones
    @djones

Hey, wanted to pick the brains of all the forumites here as i have been thinking about my situation fo quite some time…Here it goes:

1: I have 2 blocks of vacant land in one of the very outer suburbs(=40kms) of melb(narre warren).

2:This land that i bought 3 years ago has since doubled in the price.

3: It is not in the best part of the suburb. Its part of a new subdidvison and all the houses are good and in a very convinient location. Very close freeway and fountain gate shopping center. However the demographics of this subdivision is more towards the lower income.

4: As i will have to build new houses on it(i cant subdivided due to the covenant). Here are my current calculations for that:

– Land Value(current) = 150000
    – Construction costs(incl. all finishing costs) = 200000
    – Rent expected = 230pw.

5: As you can see from above the Rental yield is not very high and iam confident that i can get a better yield elsewhere in some other IP’s.

6: At the moment i am temporarily overseas so my income in Australia is nil. So if i sell now i will be paying the least amount CGT. I understand that i will have to pay GST as well.

I will like to know what some other forumites will like to do in my situation. Iam into IP’s for long term and a believer of Buy and Hold on the whole.

Thanks in advance….

Profile photo of djonesdjones
    @djones

Any advice on this from any of the numerous forumites…

Profile photo of mathewc73mathewc73
    Participant
    @mathewc73

I know nothing about land and building.

Just wondering, can you challenge the covenant?

@djones

From what i have i come to know through various posts here its nearly impossible to get the covenants removed.

Although the blocks are adjoining and they will be perfectly suitable for a unit development but i doubt this due to the covenants.

@djones

From what i have i come to know through various posts here its nearly impossible to get the covenants removed.

Although the blocks are adjoining and they will be perfectly suitable for a unit development but i doubt this due to the covenants.

Profile photo of PenPen
    @pen

Have you seen Kath and Kim at Fountain Gate shopping Centre ?

Perhaps you could build a house and just sell it.

P

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.