All Topics / Help Needed! / Current Climate – Cash Flow Positive PI

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of ElevenFourtyElevenFourty
    @elevenfourty

Hi, I’m new to the forum/site. So far have found all the info highly interesting and usefull.

Would it be fair to assume that given the current climate, cash flow positive property investing (in any area) is not impossible, but highly difficult to achieve?

Further, do the experts on this forum predict a healthier short term future for potential of positive cash flow property investment?

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

We’ve managed to buy to positive cash flow properties this year but we’ve needed to add value to the property first. For example we turned a 2 bedroom house in 3 bedrooms and therefore receive higher rent. You just need to be a bit creative.
    This forum is packed with very experienced investors who are a wealth of knowledge.
    Welcome and good luck.

AJBS

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Hiya 1140,

I can’t speak for anyone else on the forum, but I do not think it would be accurate to assume that +CF investing is impossible or even difficult.

Our group has purchased 3 titles this year, all of which are cashflow positive. We’ve spent a grand total of 9K (mainly on bobcat and truck services) on the 3 titles getting them to a point where Lessee’s are agreeable to sign up.

We are currently looking at 5 titles that are all +CF, and should have another one under contract but not settled by the end of the year.

Our outlook for the near term is extremely rosey, given the upsurge in mining and general business activity, which is also underpinned by the strong capital growth experienced over the past 18 to 24 months in the real estate market. I just wish the market was always like this.

Happy days all round.

Profile photo of ElevenFourtyElevenFourty
    @elevenfourty

Thanks for the input guys.

I’m in a position where I will have to wait several years to generate the required capital to launch my property investing career. In the mean time I’ll continue to grow my knowledge through research etc…

Cheers 1140

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

By all means accumulate some capital so you can start investing, but don’t overestimate the capital you need. I was like you that I needed to get some capital together. However, for a few years I had been researching a particular area and when we had the capital together was able to recognise a good buying opportunity. That opportunity taken just before the boom then gave the equity to purchase another property last year. I have just refinanced so that the second property is debt free. I have since purchasing the property spoken to six or 7 people who said we looked at the property but it was too much work. My time involvement averages 2 hours a week and gives me a great cashflow. If you do some research while you are waiting for the money you will be able to identify good purchases when you are in a position to act. Good luck.

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Yeah, there is the odd good property around where I live. As I always say I’ll put the kettl on!

Cheers

[email protected]
    Property Spotters living in NZ
    Renovation & Project Management
    Email now to receive info on the lastest deals!

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of Harley2Harley2
    @harley2

One sure thing in this life is change. So for sure, even though +cf props are hard to find at present, there will be other things happening, and when things change back, those already into property will be the one’s who spot the good deals – don’t you think?

Harley

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.