All Topics / Heads Up! / Cameron Bird Property Partners

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of hgwellshgwells
    @hgwells

Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this company. They advertise heavily in API magazine. HG[cap]

Profile photo of Samantha McGlynnSamantha McGlynn
    @samantha-mcglynn

Yes,

I almost purchased a Cairns unit through them about 1 1/2 years ago. Got all the info (heaps and heaps almost overwhelming) and they preached no pressure. I asked heaps of questions and they gave me the developers phone no. I called him and he didn’t have any of the answers. I asked if he was the developer and said no. just a worker. I rang back Cameron Bird who virtually accused me of being a liar. I went to Cairns and did some looking around and the prices seemed right etc, but the location I didn’t like. I spoke to real estates in the area and to finance and depreciators re; their prospectus and reports and things weren’t adding up, so I stopped being interested in the development. I was contacted by the people at Cameron Bird and said the same to them and guess what I GOT ABUSED. They told me how they had used money and time to send the stuff out and call me and answer questions and that I could go through their finance, and do it totally in house through them, and it was my fault for not having guts or trust that I had looked outside. Needless to say the conversation ended with a sour taste in my mouth and I immediately thought of when I was nearly stung with shonky QLD operators overpricing property the year before (Played them at their own game and got drastically reduced property, way under market value).

I am not saying they are shonky, i just didn’t appreciate how I was spoken to and the different answers I got one from Cameron Bird and another from everyone else…

Make up your own mind. remember everything is on totally best case scenario with them.

Do your own research and if what they say stacks up, it’s good, if not question it or walk away.

Sam

Profile photo of Leo ChekhovLeo Chekhov
    @leo-chekhov

From what you say, it sounds like they should be avoided completely. There is no excuse for abuse and the most common reason for it in situations like this is because someone has been caught out and that’s what makes them angry.

Anger equals scammer in my mind.

Thanks for having the guts to post your message with your real name. (Well, I assume it is! [biggrin])

Leo

Profile photo of ShwingShwing
    Participant
    @shwing

Given that the past 2 years Cairns has been Booming, I’d be interested to know what type of capital gain Sam has make on the property and what the CG would have been had full price been paid.

I’ve made 20% 1 year and 50+% 2 years, on older units.

HG, I also think that Cairns is at the top of this cycle.

Mal

Getting out of your comfort zone, can help you become comfortable

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

I bought something through them 2 years ago – yes, it was a tad lazy.
    It turned out a good buy largely because the market took off.
    I found them okay. Their research does seem pretty extensive.
    I’m still on their mailing list. This week something came through for a proposed development (Ramada property) in Ballina. I think there is a market in that town for something like that. I’d be more interested in that development than something in Cairns right now. But I’d be wary about buying off the plan in any region at the moment.
    Scott

Tax Depreciation Schedules
    Australia wide service
    1300 660033
    [email protected]
    http://www.depreciator.com.au

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi all
    not sure if its the same company but Cameron Bird from my deals was a liquidator company and I have had alot of dealing with that Cameron Bird and it sound very similar to my dealing with them I tried without success to stop a perfectly good business being cut up and sold as piece meal in the end i bought just the name and the phone number not the company or any assets and started again with the employees the company traded for 5 years and was sold to a competitor ( the one that had instigated the liquidation in the first place)( I find very few that deal out of adminisration or liquidation)so if it is the same I am not surprised in the least its a wonder they didn’t ask for your credit card details to cover the cost of the information if you didn’t go with them.
    don’t laught I can give you a company in the city( sydney) and it is one of the largest resellers of commercial that asked me, as they had sent me to much in formation on to many deals

here to help
    If you want to get involved in some of the projects I’m involved in email to [email protected]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.