All Topics / Help Needed! / Property Management at Mermaid Beach, Qld

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of mathewc73mathewc73
    Participant
    @mathewc73

Hi everyone,
    I have finally decided my current real estate agent is not providing an acceptable level of service to manage my 2br Unit at Mermaid Beach.

So I have decided to search for a new manager. Word of mouth is a great way to start. For those of you with managed properties in the area, would you be willing to recommend your agent?

Thankyou to all in advance,
    Matt

Profile photo of Shelley D.Shelley D.
    @shelley-d.

What is the current agent doing that is not acceptable?

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

When you look for a PM don’t go on fees. Recommendation is a great way to start.

If you wnat to know some questions to ask prospetive PM’s have a look at this report:

http://www.rentingmelbourne.com.au/html/s02_article/article_view.asp?art_id=109

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 10,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.metropole.com.au

Profile photo of mathewc73mathewc73
    Participant
    @mathewc73

Hi Michael,
    Thanks for the link. Over the last 10 years I have had 2 bad tenants in 2 separate properties and this has taught me a lot about what to ask a prospective agent. I have found when everything is sweet, all agents perform ok. Its when issues with tenants crop up that tests a good agent.

Hi Shelly,
    The two items are small, but are an indication, to me, the agent has lost the plot.
    1. I have serious issues with agents who continually charge me for key cutting. Either the tenant lost them or the agent did not account for them. Ive never seen a key disintegrate before my eyes! I had a charge for key cutting which I disputed. I requested 3 times they explain why I should pay (in a friendly request over 2 months) and they have still not explained.
    2. I had a bad tenant that they evicted 2 months ago. They promised to reconcile lost rent and damage so I could possibly put forward an insurance claim. They have not done this either. I also requested this on several occasions even planning it with them prior to eviction.

So I figure is they cant be responsive to me, I wonder how they are treating my new tenant?

This is not the relationship I want so I have decided its to find a new property manager.

Matt.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.