All Topics / Forum Frolic / Telemarketers..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

The phone rang as I was sitting down to my anticipated evening meal, and as I answered it I was greeted with, “Is this William Wagenhoss?”

This didn’t sound anything like my name, so I asked, “Who is calling?”

The telemarketer said he was with The Rubberband-Powered Freezer Company or something like that, and then I asked him if he knew William personally and why he was calling this number. I then said off to the side, “Get really good pictures of the body and all the blood.”

I then turned back to the phone and advised the caller that he had entered a murder scene and must stay on the line because we had already traced this call and he would be receiving a summons to appear in the local courthouse to testify in this murder case. I then questioned the caller at great length as to his name, address, phone number at home, at work, who he worked for, how he knew the dead guy and could he prove where he had been about one hour before he made this call. The telemarketer was getting very concerned and his answers were given in a shaky voice. I proceeded to tell him we had located his position at his work place and the police were entering the building to take him into custody. At that point, I heard the phone fall and the scurrying of his running away.

My wife asked me as I returned to our table, why I had tears streaming down my face and so help me, I couldn’t tell her for about fifteen minutes. My meal was cold, but oh-so-very enjoyable.

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I got to try that one.

The other day I told an Indian call centre worker I had to go as one of the kangaroos was fighting my platypus in the bathroom – nowhere near as funny as your effort!

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of mathewc73mathewc73
    Participant
    @mathewc73

Have you called him back yet?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.