All Topics / Value Adding / Negotiating for a new unit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of peter068peter068
    Participant
    @peter068

Hi to all those experience negotiators!!
    We are interested in purchasing a unit in a new complex through an agent. The building is finished and of the 82 units/apartments, only 3 show sold. I know from experience that when we has asked agents in the past regarding pricing for off-the-plan units, we have been told that you cannot negotiate (am I naive?)can anyone advise that they have had success in negotiating for a new property in a unit complex. The complex is based at West Ryde.

Looking forward to your responses!!

Still learning![ponder]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

You can always negotiate – especially in this market where so few have been sold!

If the Agent wont allow it – speak to his licensee or the developer direct.

Of course the developer may well say no – but yopu are still allowed to make your offer!

All the best,

Simon Macks
    Residential and Commercial Finance Broker
    ***NODOC @ 7.15% to 70% LVR***
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney
    Originally posted by peter068:

Hi to all those experience negotiators!!
    We are interested in purchasing a unit in a new complex through an agent. The building is finished and of the 82 units/apartments, only 3 show sold. I know from experience that when we has asked agents in the past regarding pricing for off-the-plan units, we have been told that you cannot negotiate (am I naive?)can anyone advise that they have had success in negotiating for a new property in a unit complex. The complex is based at West Ryde.

Looking forward to your responses!!

Still learning![ponder]

One of the quetsions I would ask myself is why are only 3 sold.

I would ahve expected a better reult.

Even if you negotaite hard now, will the builder be desparate in 6 months time and slash the prices devaluing your unit?

Also do you really wnat to buy in such a large project? It’s hard to create scarcity in such a complex and that’s hwat gives you increasing rentals and values.

Don’t jump in – look at this deal very very carefully. I gear some warning bells

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 10,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.metropole.com.au

Profile photo of peter068peter068
    Participant
    @peter068

Many thanks for your helpful comments. I went & checked out the complex today but currently the 2 b/room units are listed at $465T and yes they will are now open for negotiations, but with a rent return of only $360/week, we can’t see ourselves buying into Sydney market for investing. Mind you, I’ll take your advice and now that I have looked, and if the units are still for sale in a few months…. your never know! although I doubt if they would drop the price to around $400T if I don’t ask …. I’ll never know!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.