All Topics / Opinionated! / Another Point of View

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of jhopperjhopper
    @jhopper

Was listening to JJJ News this morning and had story on a rock slide / land slip in Sydney which resulted in a block of units being evacuated as it was very close to the “crater”.

As usual, they had the eye witness report from a resident which made me laugh long and loud. He said

“The place has been a nightmare since I bought it, the best thing that could happen would be for it to fall into a hole”

Was expecting the usual sob story about doom and gloom but shows there are different perspectives to every problem!

Profile photo of coastymikecoastymike
    Participant
    @coastymike

What I find ridiculous about the whole Land Cove apartment collapse has been the media’s concern over a bird. Ray Martin was on A Current Affair the other evening questioning the Assistant Commissioner of Police as to whether the robot could save tweety. As quoted in the Sydney Morning Herald “But it was too dangerous for anyone to enter the three units immediately above the hole, other than the foray to save Tweety.”

It seems ok to displace residents from their own homes when the government wants to build a by-pass, people have to struggle to get medication which in some cases could save or at least dramatically improve their quality of life, some people have to make applications to the various regulators if one endangered bush is found on their land and want to develop, yet we spend our taxpayer dollars and technology trying to save a domesticated bird.

It would actually be quite funny if tweety died of bird flu next week. Sometimes our priorities are severely screwed and resources are wasted. Sorry to any bird lovers but what next ? A special response unit established as part of the Police Service to save parrots, galahs, peach faces.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.