All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Accountant & Solicitor in Canberra?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of emjoyemjoy
    @emjoy

Hi All!

I’m just starting out in the world of property investing and need to organise an accountant and solicitor.

I’ve got two questions for you:
    1. Does anyone have any Canberra recommendations ?
    and
    2. Does either the accountant or solicitor need a strong understanding of property investing themselves?

Profile photo of mckeromckero
    Participant
    @mckero

1. Yes emailed you direct.
    2. Depends what you’re using the solicitor for. Conveyancing doesn’t matter so much if it’s investment or PPOR. If it’s for other legal matters regarding IPs then it would matter.
    I’ve always heard that the accountant should, but my experience has not been that good.
    The accountant with investment properties gave me the most grief with getting the return right. Dispite being given a pretty detailed and explicit set of books, he missed things, spelled names wrong and had to have 3 drafts before he got it right.
    Another accountant I was with was a business accountant he was efficient but it was always next year before he got the return in.
    My most recent accountant has no investment property but is the most detailed and efficient one I’ve worked with. I had my return back that fast I didn’t know what to do with it! … well that’s not true …. it went toward another property.

Profile photo of sP00dLesP00dLe
    @sp00dle

I too would be interested to find some recommendations for a Canberra accountant and solicitor.

I dont seem to have much luck with finding good people.

Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

Hi All

I use Bentleys MRI Accountants in Canberra – Anne Rhodes 6274 0400.

I have used other Accountants who like Mckero missed things and were late submitting the return, and it has been alot of trial and error finding one that is switched on to IP’s.

But now after finding Bentley’s they sorted previous returns,corrected and resubmitted to get the monies owing back to me [biggrin].

Solicitors I have used Hill and Rummery – Gordon Duff who is switched on with conveyancing etc I don’t use them for anything else. I know a good family law solicitor but that is another story [wink]

Hope this is of help

Jenny1

Profile photo of Prattman77Prattman77
    @prattman77

Hey,

Jan McNutt is a great solicitor for conveyancing as she is a no-nonsense lady who tramples any of the little concerns that pop up when buying or selling.

Beverly Alley in Rivett is an excellent accountant for IPs, and gets a great return each year and knows all the information needed.

Have fun.

A job is fun, but….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.