All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Property Investing Structures

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of JohnRobertsJohnRoberts
    @johnroberts

Hi everyone,

I have just set up a new trust with a trustee company through Quick Companies. Their documents are drawn by Gadens Lawyers (a tier 1 law firm). On my desk within 24 hours for just over $1200. I highly recommend these guys if you are starting new structures.

Regards,
    John Roberts

Profile photo of grossrealisationgrossrealisation
    @grossrealisation

hi JohnRoberts
    trust what type and company from what state . usually I pay $200 trust and $900 company from granville nsw they are a trader. accountant picks them up, most accountants will have the same sort of deals.
    May sound against the grain but i would have an accountant run your trusts so the are not seen as shams but each to their own.
    these structures are the ones that will hold or deal for your assetts so not a good idea to skimp.
    but the price is ok just make sure you have purchased the right type.

here to help

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Is that the same John Roberts as the Chairman of Multiplex ??

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

WOW two Posts John and both advertising Quick companies??

Whats the deal..or are you just happy with them?

Post #1

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of coastymikecoastymike
    Participant
    @coastymike

Had a look at the site. If you were using a structure for negative gearing then the costs would be

Company $1,075
    HDT $ 550

So this comes to $1,625. Then in NSW on top of that you have will $202.00 for stamping of the deed.

So for doing everything online it will cost $1,827. This is without any advice regarding the appropriate appointer, settlor, trustee, beneficiaries, special income unit holders, TFN registration, GST registration, ABN registration, completion of appropriate resolutions regarding application, acceptance and issuing of special income units.

So yes if you know how to do it all yourself then the online services are great. If not you can get it really wrong. Seen it many times before.

If you like the cost then ask a qualified accountant or solicitor to use this service and then charge you for their time to do the other work.

Profile photo of JohnRobertsJohnRoberts
    @johnroberts

Thanks for all your replies, indeed I would always advise people to obtain independant legal and accounting advice. The reason I gave Quick Companies a plug was because I was very impressed with the service and the fact Quick Companies uses Gadens Lawyers deeds etc.

Regards,
    John R.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.