All Topics / Help Needed! / Carpet and Painting Perth

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of WASPWASP
    @wasp

Anyone know of any good painters and carpet layers for a residential IP job in Perths Northern Suburbs?

Any painting orcarpet tips also appreciated..

WASP

Wasp

Its not what you earn but what you do with what you earn

Profile photo of suzieqsuzieq
    @suzieq

Hey Wasp,

Why not do it yourself or are you flat out…painting is so costly and its so easy!

sq

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

We did our last property ourselves and used “Pedrinni Painting” to do the doors and frames..

Turns out they used a subcontractor anywhere when I talked to him as they are a huge company and very busy..the subby did a great job and gave me his number (somewhere..)

As for carpets our contact has since passed away so I’m none the wiser there?

I’d be interested in building up a list of contacts that people on the forum are happy with aswell, whether it be
    *painters
    *carpenters
    *builders
    *landscapers
    *gardeners
    *Reticulation people
    *electricians
    *air conditioning etc..

I really need to get my current contact list into excel and be a bit more organised i think…then add to it.

Sometimes you have to weigh up costs, time etc and whether to do some stuff yourself or get the pro’s to do it..

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

WASP,

For painting in Perth, we use A1 Finishing – Chris Richards, 0414 865 842. He’s very normal, does a good job and actually has a think about the job to save you dollars…i.e. he puts on your hat to look at the job.

For carpeting RIP’s, we use Carpet Choice in Ozzy Park – Kevin Sutcliffe, 0438 244 438.

If you are prepared to pay a bit more but have the entire she-bang co-ordinated under one umbrella, try ‘All Repairs and Maintenance Service” – Frank Martino is the General Manager there and will look after your every need, 0400 206 212.

For carpentry work, we use Phill Carr from All-Fix renovations, although he has a dodgy knee now that slows him up, he’s excellent. 0412 937 305.

And best of all, my favourite – the Bobcat and truck guy – Gary Bridger from Down to Earth – 0411 546 494.

That’ll do.

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

For air con’s I found Tony Ryan from Airconditioning Solutions (0423093753 or 93981000) to be excellent. Took the time to acually work out how we use the various rooms in the house to sort out the best set up rather than just a standard set up.

Can’t really help with suppliers for anything else in the Metro area as havne’t found anyone else to be exceptional.

This is a great thread, and very helpful.

Regards
    PK

Profile photo of suzieqsuzieq
    @suzieq

Hi guys,

I agree this is an excellent thread especially at the moment as its difficult to get good contractors (in Perth I’m talking) with our current building craze!!!

The bobcat guy, Dazzling – where is he located and does he do the whole metro area?

thanx

sq

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

suzieq,

Without sounding like a smarty pants, I have no idea where he is located…other than on the end of his mobile phone.

He has done heaps of jobs for us, all over the Perth metro area. I don’t think he discerns between areas. As long as there is a rubbish tip somewhere close, he’ll do the job no problem.

Tell Gary he comes highly recommended from Dazzling….he’ll probably have a good laugh and not have a clue what you are talking about.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.